[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Destroying black holes experimentally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: scbh.jpg (96KB, 944x580px) Image search: [Google]
scbh.jpg
96KB, 944x580px
Charged black holes have inner and outer event horizons given by r+/-
The horizons coincide when 2r_Q = r_s. When 2r_Q > r_s the horizons become imaginary and the black hole ceases to exist or explodes or something, I don't really know but I'd like to find out.
I worked out that you can raise 2r_Q to r_s by feeding charged particles into the black hole provided the charge/mass ratio for your particles is at least about 10^-11 C/kg in which case it takes infinitely many such particles. Electrons have more like 10^+11 C/kg so I figure if I use them it'll only take a few googol of them and I can probably get my hands on that many.

What does /sci/ think will happen when I perform this experiment? Will the event horizons dissolve each other and expose the singularity? Will the black hole become 'full' when 2r_Q = r_s and the extra electrons will just bounce off? Will it turn into a magnetic monopole or a new universe?
>>
What has a blackhole ever done to you?
>>
The event horizons will dissolve and expose the singularity.

Proof is left is left as an exercise to the reader.
>>
>>9093641
I never thought about it like that. Maybe being fed electrons would be fun for the black hole? Like a human putting his hands on a Van de Graaff generator.
>>
File: nomorethinkin.png (11KB, 128x113px) Image search: [Google]
nomorethinkin.png
11KB, 128x113px
>>9093660
no naked singularities
>>
>>9093184
If the event horizon ceases to exist, what would keep the singularity in place? I think it would just explode with an energy that kept the blackhole together.

JUST LIKE FISSION HOLY SHIT
Maybe creating multiple smaller blackholes?
>blackholes = atoms confirmed
>>
The event horizon isn't a physical thing that can be destroyed, all that mass still exists in the singularity, the only way to destroy the event horizon is to get rid of enough of the mass within or make it less dense somehow.
>>
>>9095623
It's not as if the event horizon is holding the singularity in place
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.