[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen if one were to drink 100% pure ethanol? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

What would happen if one were to drink 100% pure ethanol? How much would you safely be able to drink?
>>
File: concerned cat.jpg (33KB, 750x568px) Image search: [Google]
concerned cat.jpg
33KB, 750x568px
please don't drink Everclear, not even for science
>>
>>9092510
Everclear is only 96.5%
>>
Pretty sure it wouldnt change anything.
That being said, you're lucky if you find any pure ethanol that isn't denatured.
>>
>>9092502
it tastes so disgusting that you cannot drink more than a small glass full
>>
It would kill the germs inside your body, allowing you to live longer.
>>
>>9092502
You would get 100% drunk
>>
>>9092502
100% pure ethanol is "denatured alcohol", which contains compounds to stabilize it which almost all of are known carcinogens. you. do. not. want. to. drink. lab. grade. ethanol. just buy everclear.
>>
>>9092570
true lab alcohol or clinical alcohol is without denaturing agent.
it's just very hard to get for the labs.
>>
>>9092570
The compounds aren't there to stabilize it. 100% ethanol is fine on its own.

The problem is an ethanol-water system has an azeotrope at about 94% ethanol and you can't distill beyond that point. You need additives like methanol, toluene, pentane or benzene to change the thermodynamics of the system.

In the case of water and ethanol, adding an entrainer creates a new, lower boiling heterogenous azeotrope resulting in two immiscible liquids, one of which is highly concentrated in ethanol.
>>
You can also use 3a molecular sieves to remove the water and then filter them off

I do not think anything too bad would happen as long as you didn't drink too much of it
>>
How safe is it to consume distilled 70% ethyl rubbing alcohol? I know it's typically denatured with acetone and a bittering agent. What would the process be to remove these substances completely?
>>
>>9092602
see>>9092657
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.