[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any smarter people out there willing to share their thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (5KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 318x159px
Any smarter people out there willing to share their thoughts?

Could there be a recurring pattern of "big bangs" in the universe? In which the universe explodes, expands, contracts, repeat....

I'm not that smart. So lemme know!
>>
The Universe is a hyper cube desu
>>
The consensis is that it's hypothetically possible but there's no evidence whatsoever that it has ever happened before or that it will happen in the future. Right now it looks like the universe will continue expanding forever and never collapse.
>>
Im pretty drunk right now so don't take my word as gospel. It's was theorised as possible due to some gravitational factor however recent studies show that the universe is set to expand forever. Again I could be completely wrong, hopefully someone more informed will come along and explain in more detail soon
>>
>>9092294
Look up the big crunch.
But it's like this guy
>>9092308 said, the evidence points to the universe just expanding out forever
>>
>>9092294
In the best current understanding of the universe, no.
The shape of the universe is possibly curved negatively, almost certainly not flat, and is possibly curved positively. If the curve is negative, the universe expands infinitely into heat death, if it is positive there is a possibility of the universe receding into a new singularity, but if "(((dark matter)))" ultimately works according to our current understanding the universe will continue to expand and will also end in heat death.
>>
Left to its own devices, the universe will keep expanding. But we... or rather or descendants of one sort or another will cause the collapse. But collapse is a rather unpleasant word, I prefer unification.
>>
>>9092294
If you mean that there's forces that prolong a cyclical nature of the universe: We don't know, and we have no way of knowing. Essentially it is beyond our observable timeframe - as the universe ages, some things simply stop being visible, due to it's expansion. So who knows, perhaps there's multiple universes in this very timeframe and we can't observe them. Perhaps there's multiple big bang happening as we speak an unconmesurable distance from our universe.

From what we can observe in our own part of the universe: We know a theoretical "big brunch" can happen due to our current understanding of physics, but right now the universe is still expanding due to a poorly understood energy/force - our older models would have predicted gravity reuniting the universe in a given point in time. I could go at lengths at the implications of "gravity vs dark energy" stitch but that's irrelevant to your question.

In some billion years, if the expansion of the universe doesn't change, no sapient civilization will ever know the universe exists because it has grown so large, and it's galaxies so separate, that they'll have no way to observe the universe.
>>
I'm no smarter than the next professor, so just relax. The universe is expanding. That's it. It will get bigger and bigger and the stars will burn bright and then go out, one by one. Black holes will suck in light, and eventually all will go dark. A giant universe of black holes and no light. Dead planets. There is a price to pay for being self-aware and intelligent. The universe can sometimes be depressing....
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.