[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ffffffffffff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

The other day I was hanging with my gf, and then, out of thin air we started to talk about the fundamental bricks of matter...and we reached the electron, was nearly impossible to me pull out a descent definition of the electron, so, how do you describe the electron in a clear way?

P.S:sorry for the brocken english.
>>
>>9092262
Subatomic particle with a negative charge, duh
>>
the negatively charged part of the atom
>>
>>9092339
yeah, but:

it is a little billiard ball?
it is a wake-like particle?
it is a little field who possesses mass?
>>
>>9092468
It doesnt "exist" in a single point in space, its more a probability cloud of where its likely to be. Atoms is wierd.
>>
Tell her to imagine a tennis ball on a string. Even better, a small foam ball. Tell her you are swinging it around your head. Then your body. Finally your feet. It weighs almost nothing compared to your body but it still has mass. It is moving so fast it appears to be everywhere at once, making you invisible to anyone looking from the outside. That's an electron. We can't predict where it will be. It may be around you, may be around me 'cause I'm so much fatter. Your brother is here too, and his tennis ball is sometimes around me too. That's water. H2O. Micky Mouse. Sometimes positive on the top, negative on the bottom. I really like atomic particles. Don't ask me about sub-atomics. I'm not that much of a physics geek to like them too....
>>
>>9092838
nah, tell her to imagine a tennis ball that is likely to be within a certain proximity to you. But for all you know it couod be on the other side of the universe.
>>
>>9092468
Don't try any of those. It is something that is more felt than seen. Kinda like sound. You can't see sound but its effects can still be measured.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.