[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teach me how to develop eidetic memory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13

File: 1499434225163.jpg (23KB, 498x456px) Image search: [Google]
1499434225163.jpg
23KB, 498x456px
I'm not joking.
>>
Ok, but first you'll need three eggs, half a cup of sugar and a small guitar.
>>
>>9091784
And how would that work?
>>
>>9091816
Don't ask stupid questions, do you want help or not??
>>
File: 1501294506471.jpg (57KB, 750x535px) Image search: [Google]
1501294506471.jpg
57KB, 750x535px
>>9091832
Yes, but don't post crap.
What I think is the most viable method at the moment is practicing lucid dreaming until it becomes second nature and you see hallucinations when you close your eyes during the day.
The from there you practice retrieval of actual memories.
>>
Mao-b inhibitors or other dopaminergic drugs.
>>
Just git gud, scrub.
>>
>>9091858
I'm talking about long term potentiation.
I don't want to fry my brain on Adderall.
>>
>>9091778
Practice remembering things.
>>
You can't.

You can rework your brain's internals a bit too improve long term storage and recall but you can't really develop a photographic memory. The hardware you have just won't cut it.
>>
>>9092394
Well not with that attitude at least
>>
>>9092410
It's a hardware limitation not a software limitation. You can't do it.
Even if it was a software thing, I doubt it's possible to effectively jailbreak your brain, and that's pretty much the only way you'd get where you want to be.
>>
>>9092753
Well with that kind of thinking of course it's going to be impossible
>>
>>9092753
why do some people do it then? if its a hardware problem, people with eidetic memory would be geniuses but theyre not.
>>
>>9093420
It's called filtering information into an easy way for your brain to retrieve and digest require shit like a memory house technique and mnemonics. There's no such fucking thing as a photographic memory just a bunch of memory magician memes. Hardware only lets you do this: https://www.ted.com/talks/arthur_benjamin_does_mathemagic/up-next

Not memory shit, because that only depends on how good you chew your brain information for it to digest.
>>
>>9093514
>ted
I thought these were word-filtered
>>
File: ajaja.jpg (31KB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
ajaja.jpg
31KB, 659x609px
>Mfw I have eidetic memory
>>
>>9093514
No one talked about photographic memory. Eidetic memory does exist.
>>
File: 1501477595243m.jpg (58KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1501477595243m.jpg
58KB, 1024x683px
>>9093626
Describe it.
>>
File: 1481894133836.png (566KB, 724x915px) Image search: [Google]
1481894133836.png
566KB, 724x915px
>>9092753
Then how come I have eidetic memory while I dream?
Checkmate moran.
>>
>>9093420
The only people that display legitimate eidetic memory do it for a short while as children, and savants.
Anything else is either just a good mnemonic system masked by trickery. Even then, it's not entirely accurate or without its downsides.

>>9094070
When people talk about photographic memory they mean eidetic. That word refers to that idea. 'photographic memory' also can refer to a thing that doesn't happen, but why distinguish between real and fake photographic memory when all you have to do is not be a pedant.
>>
>>9094083
But then he said that eidetic memory does not exist, which is false.
I don't believe that only mutant autismos have it.
>>
>>9094073
I'll give you an example. When I read something and stop I can see the text inside my head. I know where is which sentence and so on.
>>
>>9094960
So cool.
When I study some math book I remember vaguely layout and position of the text and formulas on the page but I cannot make out he details.
>>
>>9091778
OD on noots, and practice mnemonic techniques
>>
>>9094080
false memora
>>
build a mind palace, read dominic o'brien and fuck off
>>
>>9095231
That's not eidetic memory, I am already familiar with the techniques of O'Brian and his books.
>>
>>9095188
Yes but a lot of accurate memories as well.
>>
>>9094988
Yeah it's helpful when you're learning but I'm lazy fuck.
>>
>>9095695
Do you have this since childhood?
>>
Train your brain into a database. Then just query shit you want to use.
>>
>>9091846
I have frequent lucid dreams without doing any training, doesn't help the memory.
Trying to stay lucid during the entire day (shutting off autopilot) might be an idea. Try to control your breath for an entire day
>>
>>9097108
>I have frequent lucid dreams without doing any training, doesn't help the memory.
Have you ever tried playing some music you already heard in real life?
It sounds exactly the same.

Then, just before waking up this morning I could see crispy clear with my eyes closed (eidetic imagery).
Try to understand my point.
>>
>>9097124
>Then, just before waking up this morning I could see crispy clear with my eyes closed (eidetic imagery).
Once, when I was really tired, I closed my eyes, and saw these high-res images of random people and scenarios. Each one lasted 1-2 seconds at best, for a total of a couple minutes.
>>
>>9097157
They weren't static images, to be clear, they were moving and shit. Wish I could control this ability and use it to imagine a black board or something, so that I could write out equations in my mind.
>>
>>9097159
That's what these photographic memory geniuses motherfuckers do anon, and it's a latent ability we all have.
We need to crack this.
>>
>>9097175
Shit I'm gonna start meditating and I'll try to concentrate on seeing images with my eyes closed. See y'all in 6 months when I'll have my 8 nobel prizes.
>>
>>9097175
I agree with and am interested in this.

People's brains aren't 'hardwired' ... if that were the case, then stupid people's brains are 'hardwired' for stupidity which is not the case - they just aren't interested in furthering themselves so their minds get lazy. You can always teach a stupid person, they just need to want to be taught.

That said, I think its just down to practice. The brain is like a muscle - the more you work it out the easier it gets to retrieve information.
>>
>>9096271
Yes. As long as I can remember.
>>
File: 1498781661934.jpg (95KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1498781661934.jpg
95KB, 1366x768px
>>9097787
Can you memorize like a whole book and how much time does it take you?
>>
>>9097260
I believe this as well.
If one is dead set on rote memorizing all day long he will hallucinate the material at some point.
>>
File: 3391491387_a1180434db_z[1].jpg (34KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
3391491387_a1180434db_z[1].jpg
34KB, 640x427px
I have "eidetic" memory.
But I have to really focus and willingly remember something, and it's not like >>9094960, maybe cause I don't read often enough to notice that. But if I watch a movie; give me some time to organize and focus, and I can describe "every" scene, not every frame obviously but I can spend 5 min going over everything that happened pretty accurately.

My episodic/long-term memory is insanely good though.

You can train short-term memory by looking at something then trying to just remember the things you just looked at.
This can train you brain not to remember more, but just to remember stuff at all, you might just not remember as much as you should cause you're not actually trying, the more I try the more I remember at least.
>look at table of food
>close eyes and name everything you see.

When I close my eyes after looking at something, it's not like a I see everything as if it was a photo on my phone.
More like PIC RELATED.
I can make out/point out everything, it's just very unfocused.
>>
>>9097260
It's weird, but look into some of the "magic" books. Franz Bardon was someone who got me started.

Despite some of the hokey explanations for phenomena, they really can teach you how to unlock latent abilities (This type of memory being one of the types) and train your self to use them.

IMO, they were describing observable phenomena in the terms known to them.
>>
>>9091866
>fry my brain on Adderall
>>
>>9094960
So in exchange for being a savant, the creator gave you debilitating autism.
>>
>>9097180
>8
>>
File: Google-Finance-Meme.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Google-Finance-Meme.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>9098105
>I have "eidetic" memory.
I've read your post and I'm sorry but you don't.
I went to the store two hours ago and starting from the moment I went out to the moment I came home I can even tell about the thoughts I had and where.
Not all of them but what I'm saying is that yours is not eidetic at all.
>>
File: photographic_memory.png (53KB, 699x366px) Image search: [Google]
photographic_memory.png
53KB, 699x366px
This is an example of eidetic memory induced by drugs.
>>
>>9098171
>I went to the store two hours ago and starting from the moment I went out to the moment I came home I can even tell about the thoughts I had and where.
That's literally what I said I could do.
>But if I watch a movie; give me some time to organize and focus, and I can describe "every" scene, not every frame obviously but I can spend 5 min going over everything that happened pretty accurately.
>My episodic/long-term memory is insanely good though.

I was even tested as a teen by a psychologist and told my memory is on gifted levels.
I had to look at a couple of figures full of lines dots and circles, then made to copy it, and made three pretty much identical copies in the course of an hour.
I didn't just have above average memory, the only words they could use was eidetic and photographic, even if those terms aren't real.
>>
File: 45436546345.jpg (180KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
45436546345.jpg
180KB, 675x1000px
fuck off single headed pleb I'm not sharing my secrets
>>
File: 1499436471546.jpg (84KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
1499436471546.jpg
84KB, 1200x674px
>>9098182
>That's literally what I said I could do.
But I don't have an eidetic memory!
>I didn't just have above average memory, the only words they could use was eidetic and photographic, even if those terms aren't real.
Well, if your doctor said that you have actual eidetic memory, then I could believe it.
Your ability does not sound impressive though.
Being able on the other hand to access unfiltered images or auditory information is something else.
>>
>>9098192
Then you maybe missed how I can describe every scene of a movie?
If I think/focus I can have whole scenes play like a medium quality webm in my mind.
I'm not writer so this isn't very detailed but nor do I have time to write down trivia or stuff, the movie is pretty grey.

I watched Dunkirk recently.
>5 guys walk on road in small town
>Looking in windows for stuff
>one guy finds a cigarette bud
>start raining nazi fear mongering flyers/paper
>The yet to be announced main character takes one to wipes his ass with when he poopoo
>sits down by a wall to shit
>doesn't get to shit
>cause nazi start shooting
>they run
>all but one guy dies
>he jumps over wooden door/gate
>fiddle with his bolt action rifle
>shoots through door
>it's in a garden, trees and shit
>he emerges through a narrow alley onto a larger street like before
>gets shot upon again
>now it's stupid frogs
>he screams "English"
oh boy
>shooting stops and he gets over to them, they are behind a wall of sandbags
>nobody says a word, just looking at each other all gloomy loomy
>he walks until he stumbles over a hill
>a beach, thousands of men
>shit happens, panning, wide shots
>goes into a corner of the beach to shit
>NO PRIVACY
>looks to right, sees a guy doing something in sand
>he's covering a dead guy in sand, burial whatever.
>oh no dead guy got no shoes
>other guy took his shooooeees!!!!
>oh well whatever
>main guy helps other guy to bury dead guy

In my mind I see all these scenes clearer than what's said here, sure they're pretty foggy, could do more detail.
>Yet I'm terrible at remembering sound/names/vocals.
Dunkirk 10/10 movie.
>>
>>9097840
Not a whole book but I remember 65 - 80% of the material covered in book. When I'm really interested maybe even 85%.

>>9098146
Of course.
>>
>>9098225
Nice.
>>
>>9098177
wait wait wait. nightmares are false anyways. who cares if u have a nightmare coz its not real!
>>
>>9100904
I think it would be understandable if he had seen his mother die in real life and he would relive it again and again in his nightmares, but if he's just having some generic "scary" nightmares, then he's a pussy.
>>
File: HardlyBoys.jpg (104KB, 1000x1488px) Image search: [Google]
HardlyBoys.jpg
104KB, 1000x1488px
>>9091778
>>9098177
Remembering dreams might be a good practice for the memory.

Also, if you can somehow attach emotional/functional significance to the things you are trying remember, it might help.

I wonder if you approach it like Sherlock Holmes looking for clues or like a religious prophet looking for signs (everything is potentially significant), you might remember shit better.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.