[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hawking radiation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: LdVnS.jpg (22KB, 404x395px) Image search: [Google]
LdVnS.jpg
22KB, 404x395px
So what kind of a partical is the partical that escapes from a black hole is it a photon, electron, a quark ?
I really want to know
>>
usually photons. this may seem unintuitive because photons have no antiparticle loosely speaking, but strictly speaking photons are their own antiparticles.
since photons have no charge to begin with, all that needs to be conserved is momentum, which is conserved as both particles move in opposite directions (one towards the singularity, one towards infinity away from the event horizon)
>>
Thanks
>>
>>9091117
So you are saying black holes aren't actually black? Just very dark.
>>
>>9091235
No, they're black because Hawking radiation isn't real
>>
>>9091235
Nope, they're black. Hawking radiation come from slightly before the horizon of event, which is the actual frontier of the black hole.
Also, they generally have a lot of matter orbiting aroung, which radiates due to heat and is quite visible, and we have trouble to distinguish Hawking's radiation in it.
So, the black hole, in itself, is black. But its surrounding isn't.
>>
>>9092080
>Hawking radiation come from slightly before the horizon of event, which is the actual frontier of the black hole.
Yes, but photons are coming out of it, not necessarily from within but close enough. And terribly redshifted, but still photons.
>>
>>9092121
Wouldn't any photons produced at the event horizon remain trapped in the photon sphere? In essence the matter/energy mass of the black hole remains the same. It's just moving outside the event horizon.
>>
>>9092330
>produced at the event horizon remain trapped in the photon sphere
Yes but by design this happens just outside the horizon so it's not trapped.
>>
>>9092354
By whose design
>>
>>9092354
The photon sphere of a non Kerr hole is I think 1.5 times rs? If so how can photons created at less than that travel outside that? Every photon created at the horizon travels along an arc that reintersects the horizon or circles endlessly around it.
>>
>>9091089
Hawking radiation doesn't real.
>>
>>9092459
Photon sphere is for stable orbits, a non-orbiting photon created at just above the horizon could pass through the photon sphere and escape to infinity, which for conservation it must do if the antiparticle is below the horizon.
>>9092368
Hawking.
>>
>>9091089
Is the explanation to why there is more matter than antimatter the universe really as simple as "black holes?"
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.