[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

According to our present state of knowledge, the universe is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 57e3d4dbd417f.jpg (35KB, 700x480px) Image search: [Google]
57e3d4dbd417f.jpg
35KB, 700x480px
According to our present state of knowledge, the universe is flat, which means the heat death is the most probable scenario for its end.

But, wikipedia's article "Timeline of the far future" states:

Around this vast timeframe, quantum tunnelling in any isolated patch of the vacuum could generate, via inflation, new Big Bangs giving birth to new universes.[102]
Because the total number of ways in which all the subatomic particles in the observable universe can be combined is {\displaystyle 10^{10^{115}}} 10^{10^{115}},[103][104] a number which, when multiplied by {\displaystyle 10^{10^{10^{56}}}} 10^{10^{10^{56}}}, disappears into the rounding error, this is also the time required for a quantum-tunnelled and quantum fluctuation-generated Big Bang to produce a new universe identical to our own, assuming that every new universe contained at least the same number of subatomic particles and obeyed laws of physics within the range predicted by string theory.[105]

If so, what happens to our old and cold universe? Does the new one expand inside it? How does this work? Wouldn't there be a problem with this?
>>
Stop thinking about it and just enjoy the dickgirls in VR
>>
Boltzmann Brains will bring us back and take us to universe 2

We're all gonna get laid
>>
>>9090039
i wish there was a good dickgirl game for VR
>>
If life is still around by that time (probably in the form of a collective AI) It will know everything and will happily embrace the end.
>>
>>9090031
I don't get the whole 'heat death' idea. I think of the universe's expansion like a bow and arrow, with the bow being held back (i.e. expansion) and then released (i.e. folding back onto itself once its energy stores run out) and then it'll just collapse under its own mass; then a new universe will form from the energy created from the collapse.... and so on and so forth ad infinitum.
>>
>>9090031
>The universe is flat.

THERE'S A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IT CAN BE INTERPRETED AS FLAT AS OPPOSED TO IT IS ACTUALLY FLAT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>9093174
no there's not
>>9090031
Inflation is fake but if it was real and happened inside our universe we'd all be killed. The inflating part would almost instantly reach the size of our universe and push our universe out around it.
The rate of inflation is many times larger than c so the bits of the universe distant from the inflation origin won't have time to get out of the way of the inflation front and the whole thing will be crushed down to an ultra thin ultra hot almost 2D bubble at the boundary of the new universe. It'll probably look like the CMB to them once they invent good enough telescopes to see it.
>>
>>9093215
new religion: cbr are SOULS MAN
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.