[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one scientifically increase their luck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1500062954214.jpg (676KB, 798x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1500062954214.jpg
676KB, 798x1199px
>inb4 just repeat 1000 times and you'll eventually be successful

Seriously though, doesn't that also depend on location and environment? For example, you could try applying for 1000 jobs in an area where competition is very high, so your success rate is low no matter how much of a normie you are. Or you could apply for 1000 jobs in an area where competition is low, and you succeed after the first few rounds.

But the catch is you don't know exactly what the competition is like until you have tried 1000 times. But by that time you could go broke, disheartened and become a NEET or just kys.

So how does one curve fit luck (L) in real life to minimize the number of trials (T)?

I'm assuming luck would follow an exponential decay distribution...?

Thoughts /sci/?
>>
>>9086952
That's not pure luck, it just means you have autism.
>>
>>9086952

What do you even define 'luck' to be?
Because you seem to be using it wrong.

This is (One of) its definition(s):
>success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions

Which implies that if you do anything about it, it stops being luck since it was brought by your own actions.
>>
>>9086952
Maximize probablity.
>>
>>9086952
Im suggesting a number that is not 1000 times but 1000 would be a good start.
>>
>>9086952
Your are already lucky.

You only exist because all your ancestors stretched over a billions of years timeline were lucky enough to find a partner to pass on their genetic material whereas many others never got the chance due to getting eaten, dying of disease or starving to death. If you ask me you are pretty damn lucky. In fact one little mishap and you wouldn't be here.
>>
>>9087085
kill yourself you stupid normie
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.