[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Directly copy-pasted from /g/ Not sure what board to ask this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: sweating-pepe.jpg (8KB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
sweating-pepe.jpg
8KB, 218x218px
Directly copy-pasted from /g/

Not sure what board to ask this in, /g/ seemed like the most appropriate one

Do you think cryonics has a chance of being successful? (I mean successful revival from vitrification in the future)
Do you think we will achieve indefinite lifespans (no aging, biological immortality) in, say, 2050 (which is when most people think we will). SENS and other companies are on to this, do you think if some billionaire went and invested billions in this would it actually be sped up?
>>
>>9084470
No, it's not going to happen. We are nowhere near as advanced as people make it seem. Also cryonics is impractical. By 2050 you are going to be old as fuck, and all cryonics would do is freeze your old ass body, and when you get unfrozen you're still going to be old. They can't take your brain and body back in time even if it was possible to preserve you and unthaw you at some point

u r fukt
>>
>>9084475
The point of cryogenics was by the point sufficient technology for revival was developed, general biomedicinal rejuvenation and brain transplants to organic artificial bodies would already be possible
>>
>>9084478
>biomedicinal rejuvenation
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4142774/

Not only that but biomedicinal rejuvination isn't bringing you back in time, it's just delaying the inevitable which has already not been delayed by you getting old. Even if cryogenics does work, in spite of all impracticality, it's likely going to be expensive as fuck during our lifetime.

Cryogenics might help a young person that very, very recently suffered a wound that is fatal in contemporary society; but it's not going to cure old age.

You are fucked. You just have to hope there's a god or change your outlook on death
>>
>>9084478
Also you realize transplanting your decrepit brain into a young body isn't going to really help you live any longer?
>>
>>9084500
We will always be delaying the inevitable, medicine right now is preventing the inevitable. If that was the case then why do you take medicine when you have a disease if that's just delaying the inevitable?

Frankly I don't see how it's not possible. Ray Kurzweil (which had very accurate guesses before) says that by 2040 nanotechnology will be sufficiently developed to "heal" all the damage that occurs in cells, hence prevent aging
>>
>>9084501
As I said, aging damage is the same across ALL types of cells. Doesn't matter if it's brain or penis

If we can repair damage in other tissues it should be appliable to the brain as well
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.