[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mandela Effect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 200_s.gif (14KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
14KB, 200x200px
What are your thought on the Mendela Effect and has it actually occurred?

>> the target sign
>> Volkswagen emblem
>> We Are The Champions ending
>> the Google symbol
>> Coka Cola / Cola-Cola
>> Jif / gif peanut butter
>> Curious George's tail
>> Berenstain / Berenstein

Is it just we experienced things differently as kids and are filling the spaces with what we recall or is it really a time shift?
>>
You're just a retard.
>>
>>9084160
Informative, should I be taking notes?
>>
>>9084155
It just seems so much more likely that people are remembering incorrectly. Just look at the differences, they're so small. I would give it some credibility if there was a major discrepancy between the realities which can't be explained by you just remembering incorrectly.
>>
>>9084155
The smoking gun for me is the JFK # of people in car
>>
It's just a false memory based on information. When you think of a target sign you think of it having at least 3 strips of red, so the Target emblem has that many. You think Curious George had a tail because you know monkeys are suppose to have tails, so your brain fucked up and remembered him having a tail. That's all it is.
>>
>"There's no way I remembered a small detail incorrectly, there must be some cosmic force or conspiracy behind it."
>>
>>9084328
But anon, you don't understand, I'm like, really smart. I'm a school teacher so I know a lot about memory and learning. Honestly, I feel bad for people who would rather live in comforting delusional than face the scary truth.
>>
>>9084212
Was it not 4? My dad remembers Mandela dying in prison, I asked him a couple weeks ago.
>>
>>9084155
The smartest people will realize how it is and that there is nothing they can do to change it and then they become depressed alcoholics who no one listens to and the madness can therefore continue. End of story.
>>
>>9084328
There is a lot of value to rich people in undermining smart peoples self confidence. Would not be surprised at all if it's a really big industry that no one ever talks about...
>>
>>9084155
Do you really want to hear my long conceptual probability based multiverse theory?
>>
>>9084871
I know you didn't ask but here it is.

The multiverse is real, but only conceptually. The only reality timeline is the one we are currently in: the source timeline. The other infinite timelines only exist conceptually.

Each "choice" - actions, whether decisive or unaware, by beings with consciousness - implies a decision in the universe. This is known due to quantum mechanics. Observation forces choice in the universe.

The timelines all have an infinite probability distribution that sum to 100%. Timeline X that exists in the future "rolls out" into reality at each instantaneous moment based in the chance it occurs.
X 78%
Y 11%
Z 0.5%
Infinity

Timeline X, therefore, is much much more likely to occur. However, events involving conscious action by large groups of conscious soul bearing beings (aka "meme magic") can boost futures that otherwise would be less likely.

The problems with this theory, of course, is what is consciousness? And how do you alter the probability distribution?
>>
>>9084879
Now... If you were to somehow contact another line, you would be observing it, therefore creating two realities, and massively skewing probabilities.
>>
>>9084155
I've never had a problem with any of those things. The only thing I ever have a small problem with is the color blue and the color green. Some ambiguous-color things will switch color in my memory. Not stuff like grass or the sky, but things like a blue tool or sheet of paper. It doesn't happen all the time.

>We Are The Champions ending

There's more than one version, that is why. I only know this because I was in a high school cover band and we did that song in the early 1980s. The original doesn't have "of the world" on the end, but has it on the chorus stuff. That alone is enough to confuse people when they are singing along and it happened all the time. Even Mercury added, "of the world", on the end, a few times during live concerts. There's always been a thing about that. It has nothing to do with this >>>/x/ shit.

>>9084871
>>9084879
>>9084882
>>>/x/
>>
>>9084879
just abstract thought but: lately I've been imagining consciousness as a dimension all in its own protruding into other dimensions which together make what we call reality. :D
>>
>>9084364
> My dad remembers Mandela dying in prison, I asked him a couple weeks ago.

Remembering things is heavily influenced by suggestion. If you asked him "Did Mandela die in prison?", if he had absolutely no idea whatsoever how Mandela died, he would probably remember him dying in prison because you just primed him with that idea. Likewise, if you asked "do you remember Mandela getting out of prison and dying peacefully of disease?" he would probably say "yeah that sounds familiar"

Pretty much when people can't actually remember something they'll just consider the first thing they make up as the truth and their brain will falsify a matching "memory" for them
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.