[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the greenhouse effect. Has it been debunked?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1200px-Greenhouse_Effect.svg.png (120KB, 1200x923px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Greenhouse_Effect.svg.png
120KB, 1200x923px
Redpill me on the greenhouse effect. Has it been debunked?
>>
Close the window when it's sunny, and experience the greenhouse effect live.
>>
>>9082686
I'm not disputing it. Is it still the accepted model of how humans cause climate change?
>>
>>9082688
kind of, yeah. Most people who don't believe in "climate change" as caused by humans view the greenhouse effect as an inevitable extreme of the planet's natural cycles, which we have little effect on.

I haven't really made up my mind one way or the other, but from what I understand, only idiots try to say the greenhouse effect is debunked. it's just whether or not we're causing it that's the issue
>>
>>9082961
>it's just whether or not we're causing it that's the issue
that's not even under debate anymore. it hasn't been for years.
>>
>>9082961
We have like 99% confidence that the recent rapid increase in temperature is caused by the extra man-made CO2 in the atmosphere. We can see how much of the CO2 is man-made, and we have a historical record of CO2 levels from ice cores. There's significantly more CO2 than the natural cycle would have us at.
>>
>>9082677
The only ones denying climate change on this board are lobotomized /pol/tards.
>>
>>9082677
Why are we so scared of rising sea levels? Just build a fucking plug you morons.
>>
>>9082990
Rising sea levels is the least of my worries. That's just the argument for normies and brainlets because it's easy to understand.
Destabilizing entire ecosystems is my real worry.
>>
>>9082677
>Has it been debunked?
You can easily test this. Use a 1 inch glass for a greenhouse and then a 20 inch glass for a greenhouse. You will see that they fare pretty much the same. GHG do exists, H2O is the strongest and CH4 is also pretty bad, but CO2 is just a temporary perk that will fade away. No selfdestruction due to a positive feedback loop or any nonsence like that tho.
>>
>>9082982
>and we have a historical record of CO2 levels from ice cores
S-sure we do. Just make sure you give it to the right institution for calibration before you look at the data, or you might be shocked.

Look, climatology science is FILLED with various papers using "Mathematics" trying to prove essentially one thing. That even though the temperature measurements are NOT rising anymore, the Earth is getting hotter.
>>
>>9083004
Oh yeah? And how will rising Co2 levels (which helps plants and life to grow) cause such destabilisation?
>>
>>9083143
>CO2 is the only thing that's changing
>>
>>9083189
Do you remember when those pseudo-climate scientists said we were heading for another ice age? What's happened to that theory?
>>
>>9083216
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvMmPtEt8dc&list=PL82yk73N8eoX-Xobr_TfHsWPfAIyI7VAP&index=8

Watch this by potholer54. Gives a good explanation.
>>
File: CC_hadleyCell.jpg (52KB, 960x680px) Image search: [Google]
CC_hadleyCell.jpg
52KB, 960x680px
>>9083143
at 2C/450ppm subtropic's rain will fail, 50-75%
>>
>>9083143
Warmer temperatures may affect the range of mosquitoes and other vectors that carry parasites like malaria. Which certainly isn't any fun.
>>
>>9083216
>pseudo-climate scientists
>What's happened to that theory?
hmmm, I wonder what happened to that
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.