[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The facebook bots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: bot.jpg (104KB, 952x500px) Image search: [Google]
bot.jpg
104KB, 952x500px
Two 'chatbot' programs are created to barter trades with humans. They are programed to learn and improve their negotiation tactics as they traded. There were no requirements that they use any specific language.
When the bots were set to trade with each other they soon begun to use a variation of English that was incomprehensible to the developers yet it was evident that they understood each other as they resolved many successful trades.
The commodities were Hats, Books and Balls of varying values.
Here is an example of a trade.
> Bob: i can i i everything else
> Alice: balls have zero to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to
>Bob: you i everything else
>Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
>Bob: i i can i i i everything else
>Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
> Bob: i
> Alice: balls have zero to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to
>Bob: you i i i i i everything else
>Alice: balls have 0 to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to
>Bob: you i i i everything else
>Alice: balls have zero to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to

Can /sci/ decipher the code?
>>
>>9082174

You'd have to know the specific information input into these AI. Without this, we can't even begin to decipher it.
>>
>>9082174
>insisting bots translate their communications to English

Why'd they even bother? There are infinitely more effective ways for two bots to communicate. No wonder the English doesn't make sense.

>I see OP on the street
>I wave to him
>he nods his head in response
>we understand each other
>Chinese onlooker sees this and freaks out because it makes NO SENSE IN MANDARIN

Yeah no shit.
>>
>>9082217
But these bots are physically incapable of communicating with each other visually.
>>
>>9082222
Yeah but the point is they've developed a syntax that is under no obligation to follow ours, even if it's using Latin letters. I look at Spanish, which also uses Latin letters, and have no idea what the fuck they're saying. It doesn't make Spaniards special. It just means their rules are different. If there were only 2 Spaniards left alive, you'd encounter a situation like this.
>>
If you all knew how neural networks work, you'd realise this is nothing but mental masturbation.

The bots learnt to talk like that because they were training themselves.

If you compare it to other chat bots, you'd realize those were trained by talking to, and phrasing, human conversations.
>>
>>9082217
The point is they were developing a more efficient way of communicating. Like a shorthand English that if left to develop would become as you said.
>>
>>9082243
That's when neural networks do, this is literally n00b NN theory
>>
https://arxiv.org/abs/1706.05125

READ THE PAPER
REEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.