[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if the world were like a bit coin mining scheme, except

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: zeta-alternating.png (13KB, 425x134px) Image search: [Google]
zeta-alternating.png
13KB, 425x134px
What if the world were like a bit coin mining scheme, except instead of finding hash codes with a certain pattern, the goal were to locate the zeros of the Riemann Hypothesis?
>>
>>9081867
Locating the zeros doesn't really help solve the problem, since there is an infinite number of non-trivial zeros.
>>
>>9081885
Brainlet detected
>>
>>9081885
But knowing more zeroes would allow people to better determine the distribution of prime numbers, but then the question is why that would be useful...
>>
>>9081888
Wanting a general solution makes me a brainlet?K.
>>
>>9081903
Locating *all* the zeroes would indeed solve the problem, but that wasn't quite what I was getting at.
>>
>>9081908
I made the claim that finding any particular zero contributes nothing to our understanding of the grander problem posed by Reimann. If you would like to stop being a cryptic fuck and make your point clear, then please do so.
>>
>>9081867
>Riemann Hypothesis
its way deeper than that because the zeros will show a pattern of prime numbers (the true goal of the universe desu and this will give a pattern to conduct an experiment to prove p=np)
>>
>>9081891
Stupid people only care about repeating patterns, this is where prime numbers become important.
>>
>>9081911
What might the significance of finding a zero outside the critical line be?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.