[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

some not-so-easy thoughts and a harshness truth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 68569-004-0B1898D2.jpg (51KB, 550x449px) Image search: [Google]
68569-004-0B1898D2.jpg
51KB, 550x449px
Let’s say we apply this generic statement to quantities of apples. But a quantity of apples is meaningless without some context to describe WHERE (OR IN WHAT SENSE) this quantity exists. The context might be 'on a table', 'in a basket', 'apples that you own', 'apples in a certain building'.
Hence the left-hand side could relate to quantities of apples on my table and the right-hand side could relate to the number of apples on your table. The equals sign means that both tables contain the same quantity of apples.
Now consider we change the statement to be 0+0=0 What are we representing here? It appears that we have added zero apples to your table whereas my table remains unaltered. It appears that you now have two groups of zero apples on your table, and it might not be immediately obvious why this is logically incorrect. To see why it is logically incorrect, consider the scenario where we both have 3 apples on our respective tables: 3 = 3. The table is the container and we can define a 'group' of apples as a quantity of apples connected by touch. Therefore if my table always contains one group of apples then you could re-group the apples on your table to show that: 3 = 2 + 1, 3 = 1 + 1 + 1 But in the case of zero apples, they cannot be re-grouped. There is always just zero apples. We cannot have 0 + 0 apples on a single table.
>>
>>9081279
>But in the case of zero apples, they cannot be re-grouped.
That's not true in general.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.