[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magnets - Free Energy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Magnets.png (261KB, 684x688px) Image search: [Google]
Magnets.png
261KB, 684x688px
Is it accurate, /sci/ ?
If no, why ?
>>
>>9080075
You can't get free energy from magnets anymore than you can from planetary orbits. If work is done it's because of potential energy in the system.
>>
No because physicists will redefine what energy count as and come up with a new term to accommodate every scenario
>>
no bc as soon as you try to extract useful energy from the thing the piece of iron slows down and stops moving
>>
it's just a fancy fidget spinner
>>
>>9080095
Clearly it's the work of a hypothetical dark propeller

t. world class physicist
>>
>>9080164
I have peer reviewed the Dark Propeller theory and approved it for publishing. Use your University's library to access the periodical "Physics Papers That You Need to Cite in Your Thesis Weekly", if you don't have access through your university each issue is available for $60 on our website or you can pay $200/mo per individual for unlimited access to our archive.
>>
no energy is produced, you just take energy out of the spinning magnet, slowing it down, until it stops
>>
>>9080211
How about when it stops moving you leave it be, wait until it gets started again and repeat the process? Or does the magnet lose energy to the point when it stops being magnetic?
>>
>>9080255
>Or does the magnet lose energy to the point when it stops being magnetic?
yes you'll need to magnetize it again
>>
>>9080255
You seem to have made the mistake that the cartoon is anything other than a joke.

While it is entirely possible that we have overlooked a simplistic free energy technique, don't think the cartoon gave you the answer.
>>
>>9080263
(not thread op)
Well I often see/"figure out" these kinds of random things that are seemingly revolutionary, or seem to do something that they don't. I'm always interested, because I know that I am missing an information that would give me an obvious answer, which irritates me.
>>
fun fact: in em, magnetic fields do no work, only electric fields

[math]\vec{F} = q ( \vec{E} + \vec{v} \times \vec{B}) [/math]
[math]d\vec{l} = \vec{v} dt[/math]
[math]
\begin{align}
W &= \int_C \vec{F} \cdot d\vec{l} \\
&= \int_C (q ( \vec{E} + \vec{v} \times \vec{B})) \cdot (\vec{v} dt) \\
&= q \int_C \vec{E} \cdot \vec{v} dt + q \int_C (\vec{v} \times \vec{B}) \cdot \vec{v} dt \\
&= q \int_C \vec{E} \cdot d\vec{l} + q \int_C \vec{B} \cdot (\vec{v} \times \vec{v}) dt \\
&= q \int_C \vec{E} \cdot d\vec{l} + 0 \\
W &= q \int_C \vec{E} \cdot d\vec{l}
\end{align}
[/math]

magnetic fields can be used to redirect forces, but do no work themselves. of course, what is a magnetic field and what is an electric field is a matter of reference frame.
>>
>>9080075
The magnets will lose their magnetism over time, it's using energy to move that piece of iron.
>>
I don't get what is representing God in this picture.
>>
>>9080304
a poorly drawn halo of light thing
>>
>>9080263
>While it is entirely possible that we have overlooked a simplistic free energy technique

No it isn't.
>>
>>9080075
magnet motors work
a lot of people have build them and it is really not that hard
>>9080295
this

It's basically a really really good battery
You can easily DIY a lot of that stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqG-TL0WnjE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_8x_VskC50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGq2WSnE7j0
>>
File: 1413206534958.jpg (382KB, 1195x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1413206534958.jpg
382KB, 1195x1600px
>>9080209
>>
File: Anthony Howe Kinetic Sculpture.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Anthony Howe Kinetic Sculpture.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>9080480
lol you brainlet retard. Cogging effect stops all magnet "motors"

Video 1: All V-gate motors are fake. Last one has an air compressor hose positioned over top the device making it spin (original creator admitted to it on his blog). The rest use either flywheel motion or have an unseen device powering them.

Video 2: Magnetic flywheel bearing. You power it up and it spins until it runs out of momentum.

Video 3: Fake. Another compressor air hose off screen.

>>9080075
Not accurate since it can't physically happen in the first place. You don't even need to go further.
>>
Hey /sci/ I'm strong enough to lift my own body weight, so how come I can't fly around by pulling up on a chair I'm sitting in?
>>
>>9080466
just figure out the mechanism that made the universe come into existence
>>
>>9080682

You can. You just have to get stronger.
>>
>>9080682
Because you have to be strong enough to lift not only your body weight, but your bodyweight plus the weight of the chair.
>>
>>9080075
It is fully accurate.

Don't listen to the physicists about this. They're too biased to be trusted because they don't want to be killed.
>>
>>9080295
>The magnets will lose their magnetism over time
I should design a motor powered by magnets losing their magnetism over time, just to muddy the waters and provoke both sides.
>>
>>9080682
Hahaha can't tell if serious or not.
Because if you are it's really simple. You need to try lifting with your own pants instead so you don't have to deal with the weight of the chair.
>>
>>9080095
>yfw this is how the idea of entropy was created.
>>
>>9080075
A magnet hovering for ever achieves no work (force*distance). No work means no energy. Very basic physics
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.