[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on cancer how effective is radiology/chemotherapy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1470382895952.jpg (38KB, 480x679px) Image search: [Google]
1470382895952.jpg
38KB, 480x679px
redpill me on cancer
how effective is radiology/chemotherapy?
how effective are "alternative treatments" such as cannabis oil?
>>
>>9078910
Depends on the specific cancer and stage.
"Cancer" is not one disease like people think, different cancers are entirely different diseases, and they range from almost 100% curable to being 100% fucked even in stage 1.
>>
Cannabis oil is mostly used to alleviate pain in treatments, Chemotherapy is the most "effective" method of treatment, although not 100% effective, I would recommend it because if the pain is bad enough you can get a prescription for weed
>>
>>9078910
>how effective is radiology/chemotherapy?
You literally are poisoning your cells with anti-mitogenic factors hoping the tumor cells are more effected (since they proliferate at much higher rates) than non-tumor cells. It's not extremely effective as a theory, but it works fairly well when there are no surgical options. But the idea behind it is pretty fucked, that if you poison the body, the faster dividing cells should be affected more than the slower dividing cells.
When a targetted therapy is developed though, it's extremely effective, like Herceptin (Trastuzumab). It's when you cannot target stuff that chemo is a coin flip
>>
>>9078916
Same thing goes for "alternative treatments". if you ever hear about a miracle treatment for all cancer then it's probably bullshit.
As for cannabinoids, there has been some evidence that supports that they can have some anti-tumor effects. However it's unlikely that they'd cure cancer completely, most likely they'd be used as an adjuvant. Cannabis is good for pain control though.
>>
>>9078933
Forgot to provide link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK65875/#CDR0000688139__3
>>
If you are Stage 3, I implore you to strongly consider suicide. If you are Stage 4, absolutely kill yourself at the first sign of significant discomfort. It only gets worse, and your last days on earth will be misery.

It's honestly the best way to deal with terminal cancer. You will suffer tremendously even with an attentive palliative care team. No amount of opiods, weed, and supplemental oxygen will be enough. Dieing of cancer is truly a terrible way to go, and the only accurate depictions you will see are if you or a loved one experiences first hand.
>>
>>9078981
what kind of cancer did you see an assumed love one die to?
>>
>>9078989
pancreatic
>>
>>9078990
oh shit well that explains your post. Really sorry about that
>>
>>9078910
>Radiology
>This is medical imaging
Radiation therapy is useful to reduce the size of tumours for surgical removal afterwards. The treatment's aim to minimize damage to surroudning tissues and your internal organs. It is almost always used to increase the effectiveness of other treatments, because it rarely cures on its own. Some methods are inserting radioative nuggets in a thin inert shell into a tumor for long term suppression/reduction, or using multiple beams focussing on the tumour for more aggressive treatment.
>>
File: 2017-08-02-22-27-35-.jpg (9KB, 288x175px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-02-22-27-35-.jpg
9KB, 288x175px
I just watched a video called 'The truth about cancer - a global quest'
And it pretty much says that the chemotherapy treatment makes most cancers worse and causes side effects worse than the cancer itself. It was quite an interesting video.
>>
Any knowledgeable anons know anything about the relationship between cancer and prolonged fasts (7 days)? I've read that it's extremely effective at preventing cancer. Makes sense intuitively; you're starving all the cells in your body and perhaps inducing an enery-preserving state that of course would mostly preclude cell division. Perhaps after such a prolonged period of fasting, even the broken cancer cells get the cue to shut down?
>>
>>9079969
Chemo is one of those it either works or it doesn't things. There is no real in between. Either it shrinks the tumor, or the tumor keeps growing. Occasionally you get the situation where it just prevents growth in which case uyou're on maintenance chemo for the rest of your life.
It isn't all doom though, immunotherapy is promusing, injecting polio inter certain brain tumors works well, and they're working on repurposing hiv to kill cancer. We're very nearly to the point that chemo will no longer be a thing and the only thing keeping it aroung will be the drug companies.
>>
>>9079986
Cancer lives on sugar. Cutting out sugar is the big key. You really don't want to cut food out entirely because exercise helps physically and emotionally, and your body needs fuel to exercise. Also spices like cayenne pepper cause certain cancers to self destruct. Garlic and cayenne is a good supplemental therapy for shit like colorectal cancer for instance.
>>
There is actually the oil from a plant in the rainforest that cures some General forms of cancer, however "Pharma and shit" found a gold mine with cancer so we'll hardly see a cure for cancer ever.
>>
If you have cancer you will be wanting to use every proven treatment available as early as possible. Chemotherapy, radiation, immunotherapy, surgery, everything that might put it into remission and eliminate every last cancer cell.

Passing up a treatment is like adding a few percentage points to your chances of death.
>>
>>9080140
They're going to be investing in better cures because insurance companies have started to tell people in assisted suicide states to just kill themselves.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.