[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most cancerous armchair scientists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

In what field of science are armchair scientists the worst?

I say paleontology, especially when it comes to dinosaurs and more so on reddit
>>
Psychology. Even the professionals don't know what they're doing, but EVERYBODY has their own pet theories of how people work
>>
>>9078269
This beg the question, why the fuck do you browse reddit?

By design, reddit is about attention whoring as much as you want. If you do not want to deal with attention whores then get out of reddit, facebook, instagram and similar social networks. There are so many different chans online that it makes no sense to use a typical social network. That is like eating soup with a dildo and then complaining that there is a dick in your soup.
>>
Biology. So many people conflate biological sex with gender, and those who don't will claim that only XX or XY exist
>>
>>9078279
While I personally prefer 4chan to reddit, especially the community, reddit has a lot of value to its users. It's easy to hunt down a specific subforum that caters exactly to your own personal set of delusions. Here on 4chan only neonazis get a dedicated hugbox board
>>
>>9078279
>By design, reddit is about attention whoring as much as you want. If you do not want to deal with attention whores then get out of reddit, facebook, instagram and similar social networks. There are so many different chans online that it makes no sense to use a typical social network. That is like eating soup with a dildo and then complaining that there is a dick in your soup.

I like to browse the geology career subreddit; you'd occasionally get some interesting career advice from those who work in the field; I assure you, most "paleo nerds" wouldn't get anywhere near anything that has to do with actually working in the field
>>
>>9078286
Well, that is just like how gay sex can make you cum, but there is still a dick inside your ass. You can use reddit all you want but then do not complain about reddit's inherent features.

>>9078287
Again, there is obviously value to reddit (I suppose) but then do not complain about inherent features. You can eat your soup with a dildo all you want, the soup will still taste great.
>>
>>9078296
You only think the BBS and imageboard system is superior because you're used to it. You haven't taken the time to learn how the reddit system works and get used to it. It's very functional and makes it faster to find the interesting posts and filter out shitposting. There are lots of people on 4chan that have a massive list of phrases they filter for in threads so they can filter out shitposts; on reddit, that happens automatically for you.

You really are sounding like somebody claiming that nobody can understand spanish because you personally can't understand spanish. Just because YOU don't know how to use it doesn't mean it doesn't work.
>>
>>9078324
I am not even talking about reddits functionality. I am talking about the kind of people it attracts.
>>
>>9078335
Again, you're being bias. Of course you're going to prefer the company of people more similar to yourself.

The 4chan userbase has a much worse reputation outside of its own website than reddit does. It's difficult to even find advertisers for this site because our reputation is so bad.

I do like 4chan much more than reddit but trying to act like your personal taste is the objective truth is stupid.

PS: being unable to understand that other people have different tastes than you is a sign of autism
>>
>>9078355
>Of course you're going to prefer the company of people more similar to yourself.
I am not even talking about what I prefer. I was commenting on how OP was tried to find attention whores... in reddit.

That is like being tired of finding neo-nazis in /pol/. Reddit is fundamentally designed to appeal to attention whores. You will never get past them. It is impossible.

4chan has other types of disgusting people, like /pol/tards but 4chan does deter attention whoring almost completely so it is a good trade.

>PS: being unable to understand that other people have different tastes than you is a sign of autism

I never discussed taste. I doubt that anyone here has a taste for attention whores.
>>
>>9078365
There are plenty of people here who would like to be an attention whore themselves. Upvotes are like a drug, just as potent as a (you). Having to be around other attention whores so they can be one themselves is the price they pay
>>
File: b88888.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
b88888.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>9078283
Sure, there are other combinations of chromosomes but they happen at a rare enough level to be considered anomalies. It irks me so much that SJWs use this to strengthen their shit claims on gender. Just because other people have the shit luck of being born with Kleinfelter or Turner syndrome doesn't mean that you are justified in classifying yourself as gender fluid
>>
>>9078393
That's the point I am trying to make but I would like to be more specific:

The reason reddit attracts attention whores is because despite upvotes being "like" (you)s, they are fundamentallky different. Upvotes are counted to give your comment a rating, and then everyone can see how many upvotes you have gotten. It is a status symbol. In 4chan there is technically no (you) counter but the list of (you)s kinda does that, but it is not status symbol because not only do all threads die, but technically you can get all (you)'s which are people calling you a faggot.

There is no status symbol in 4chan and everyone mocks people who try to build ongoing personalities here.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.