[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much scope is there for Crispr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: crispr-editorial.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
crispr-editorial.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
I'm currently pursuing Bioinformatics undergrad omw to third year.
Did a software engineering internship this summer, wasn't very good at it. I am still considering changing my major to computer science for better job prospects as I am a pajeet after all need a stable job to be able to get h1b and live in burgerland.
I am super interested in CRISPR and biology and genetics but am not sure if I should stick to Bioinformatics for that as I need a job. How much do you think the demand for Genetic engineering will increase in the coming years and will there be good job opportunities?

Computer Science vs Bioinformatics showdown.
>>
Pajeet Career Choices

>CRISPR
>DEEP LEARNING
>BLOCKCHAIN

There you go buddy
>>
>>9077664
It will likely be shut down due to genetic elitism in the west but you could always take your knowledge back to india and edit your race to be able to poo in loos.
>>
>>9077664
>cripsr
>bioinformatics
>genetic engineering

Damn son you hit the meme-biology trifecta
>>
>>9077664
bioinformatics is a very narrow and specific field. Be very careful with that degree, if you're not going to graduate school i would not suggest it as a major.
Genetic engineering is a very specific focus of biochemistry/biology, it's not the end all necessity for you to have a job, just saying. but CRISPR is only going to be used more and more, if not on humans then on other transgenics
>>
Not OP, but CRISPR seems interesting. It's outsourced to Pajeets and Changs and has shit tier wage though right?
>>
>>9079149
No. It's currently in the R&D stage, so real scientists are still needed.
However, once the edges have been roughed out, biotech firms will eventually need to hire engineers to do what the CRISPR scientists tell them. That's when they start importing H1Bs
>>
>>9077664
You should stay in Indian and become a plummer.
>>
>>9079291
>t. butthurt white kid who cant coast on his skin color to get a job
>>
Double major in both. Or at least get certified in multiple languages
The best way to design and interpret solutions is to have and be comfortable with a myriad of tools
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.