[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does poor dental hygiene cause health problems like cancer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 8a4.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
Does poor dental hygiene cause health problems like cancer?
>>
Everything causes cancer, why the fuck are you even leaving the safety of your room you stupid cunt?
>>
Just go brush your teeth OP.
>>
>>9077467
You must be english OP
>>
>>9077475
no, just a robot NEET that doesn't brush much
>>
>>9077467
actually, I read somewhere that the opposite is true, bad dental hygiene led to better immune system etc
>>
>>9077480
what the fuck
>>
>>9077467
this question came up months ago and someone said that the bacteria inflames your pancreas and causes pancreatitis, which then causes pancreatic cancer. Is this true? I don't know.
>>
>>9077467
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_hygiene#Oral_hygiene_and_systemic_diseases

>Several recent clinical studies suggest oral disease and inflammation (oral bacteria & oral infections) may be a risk factor for serious systemic diseases, such as:[57][58]

cardiovascular disease (heart attack and Stroke)
bacterial pneumonia: Oral hygiene care for critically ill patients has been reported to reduce the risk of ventilator associated pneumonia.[59]
low birth weight or extreme high birth weight of one's baby
diabetes complications
osteoporosis
>>
>>9077493
so basically nothing?
>>
>>9077497
>heart disease (leading cause of death in developed countries)
>basically nothing
>>
Brush your fucking teeth, OP. It's not hard.
>>
>>9077518
but most bacteria is on the tongue
>>
>>9077467
>People in the past didn't brush and had low cancer rates
>People today do brush and have high cancer rates

Really makes you think
>>
File: 1490885356868.jpg (29KB, 750x393px) Image search: [Google]
1490885356868.jpg
29KB, 750x393px
8 years
>>
>>9077493
>>9077506
only fat people get heart disease
>>
>>9077467
i don't think the internet is the best place for an answer there, try a mouth (with or without cancer) or just cancer, or someone without cancer...take notes
>>
>>9078869
holy shit i laughed.
>>
>>9078869
> In Finland, Keys noticed that the farmers and woodcutters, many of whom were lean and muscular yet suffered from heart disease, buttered their cheese. He launched a long-range research program to study the effects of dietary fat consumption on the incidence of heart disease, and followed with similar programs in Italy, the Netherlands, Greece, and Yugoslavia.
>>
File: 1454721060222.gif (3MB, 400x378px) Image search: [Google]
1454721060222.gif
3MB, 400x378px
>>9077467
According to my dentist, poor dental hygiene causes all the woes of the world. If you don't brush your teeth, aliens will lay their eggs in them, and when they hatch, they fuck your saliva holes.
>>
File: ot.jpg (163KB, 1200x888px) Image search: [Google]
ot.jpg
163KB, 1200x888px
>>9077523
They probably didn't live long enough for the cancer to get at them. They just died of dysentery on the Oregon Trail.
>>
I dont think so... Worst case could be septicemia but meh
>>
braces cause cancer but they won't say it. wearing something that constantly rubs your lips and gums similar to chewing tobacco particles is gonna fuck you upcancer wise.
>>
>>9079683
>buttered their cheese
This is something I expect of Americans not Finns.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.