[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The shootingest star you will ever see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_mia3cpDEEM1r9v40po1_400.gif (653KB, 400x180px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mia3cpDEEM1r9v40po1_400.gif
653KB, 400x180px
Three evenings ago (around 9:40pm-ish) I was out in a patch of woods near my house screwing around, and all of a sudden a bright light began casting sweeping shadows of the overhead foliage across the ground all around me. I looked up and saw an extremely bright light shooting across the sky, from the north horizon all the way across to the south horizon.
It took about three seconds to make it all the way across the sky and was bright enough that I could see it behind the thinner clouds in the partly clouded sky. As it swept toward the southern horizon I was watching over a field where it was casting clear, sweeping shadows of the clouds across the field.
Around two or three minutes later I heard a fairly faint boom from directly above, faint enough that you could have talked over it if you weren't listening,but distinctly present and from directly above.

I am certain that it was a meteor, as it was happening all I could think of was the Chelyabinsk meteor back in 2013, bu this one was much faster, not as bright, and not nearly as loud.

How often are these this bright/audible? I was certain that the local news would explode, top story next morning, maybe even enough to make national news, but there wasn't any mention of it, even online that I could find.
There is nothing else this could have been, but I've not wanted to talk about it and sound full of shit with no official backup. It flew over Northwest Arkansas, around 500,000 people to see it here and I am certain it could have easily traveled way further than us.

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.