[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today when I was walking to my car I saw an enormous pile of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 26231248_19cb260333.jpg (80KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
26231248_19cb260333.jpg
80KB, 500x375px
Today when I was walking to my car I saw an enormous pile of ants. I thought I'd be a dick and let a huge drop of spit fall from my mouth onto them.

As soon as it hit them, they started freaking out and running away as if they were startled. The ants that got hit by the spit were writhing and attempting to free themselves while the surrounding ants abruptly started running away. Then, after a period of time, ants surrounding the spit actually seemed to suck up the saliva or transport somehow as it was pretty much all gone. They saved the ants that were trapped.

So my question is, how well do you believe the ants realized what happened to them, and did they consciously save their fellows?
>>
>>9075144
They can only communicate through antenna and have no actual conscious whatsoever. My calculator has more intelligence than an ant.
>>
>>9075146
>t. brainlet
>>
>>9075149
Ants don't even feel emotions.
>>
imagine leaving the grocery store and seeing some weirdo spitting on the ground and staring at it. fucking drug addicts
>>
>>9075144
Ants can perform lots of complex behaviors. Ants are capable calculating distance by counting their steps. They aren't really smart but they have a lot of preprogrammed responses to situations. Probably what happened is that the ants that detected the water decided to harvest it for the colony. Though ants will protect each other if the whole colony is threatened.
>>
File: 1492821964698.jpg (609KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492821964698.jpg
609KB, 900x600px
>>9075144
>So my question is, how well do you believe the ants realized what happened to them

I guess you'll find out tonight, vertebrate asshole, when the ants get payback for you being such a dick to them...
>>
File: Phase IV mother fuckers!.png (723KB, 1072x603px) Image search: [Google]
Phase IV mother fuckers!.png
723KB, 1072x603px
>>9075144
Ya think that's weird?

When some of my friends and I were very young psychos in training, we decided to eradicate an ant hill. These bastards had it coming, mind you - they were the kind that bite, and once a year, during mating season, cover the whole front side of a house while they do their sexy dance and fly off to get stuck in folk's hair and bite them on the face.

Anyways, we had shovels, some gasoline, lighters, and a bunch of water, and just started digging and generally genociding these nasty buggers in every way we could come up with.

Then, we noticed something disturbing (well, more disturbing than a bunch of elementary school boys taking out their prepubescent rage on bunch of ants)... They started sorting their dead.

The ones that burned they began to build little round pits for and tossed the bodies in. The ones that drowned, and they manage to retrieve from the water, they assembled into perfect pyramids. They also arranged a bunch of dismembered legs in a spiral that some seemed to be adding to while others were removing legs from and carrying further underground.

"So, yeah, ants have religion."

That sight alone creeped us out enough to stop fucking with them - and some kids up the block reported a similar experience with another colony of the same sort.

Never did find the queen, but as I understand it, this breed digs so deep we probably never would have without a bulldozer.

Those ants have since all been wiped out in that neighborhood by a series of prolific Pharaoh ants. Those fuckers have a multi-colony system cooperative and balance their resources between multiple queens and somehow know which nest needs what, sharing resources required by other nests and literally trading them for theirs as their dietary habits periodically shift from grease to sugar... So I don't even wanna know how complicated their religious burial practices are.
>>
>>9075411
It's not religious, but hygienic. You would get sick if you lived in a house with a corpse in it, and the same applies to ants. That's why they get rid of the bodies. Same reason Athiests bury/cremate their dead. They do the same thing with their waste and rubbish.
>>
>>9075411
Ants consider their dead trash and will pull them outside their nests to prevent disease. Doesn't explain the sorting though, that's strange.
>>
File: sedlec-ossuary-czech-republic.jpg (127KB, 728x484px) Image search: [Google]
sedlec-ossuary-czech-republic.jpg
127KB, 728x484px
>>9075417
Name me another species that sorts bodies based on the cause of death and builds structures out of the corpses accordingly.

I mean, hell, even we aren't that anal.

Just clearing out the bodies, that I would get, but what are they sorting them for and building different stuff out of them for? Do they have a series of coroners that have a bunch of relatives who happen to be architects or what?
>>
>>9075422
We must weaponize them!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgVw5XeAlYY
>>
>>9075429
>fixed that for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-0pue5Db_0
>>
>>9075422
I was wrong; it was all part of a ritual to curse you and your friend. You have 23 days left before the ants get you anon; make them count.
>>
I smoke outside a lot and always notice the ants carrying away my spit. I assume they can take the sugars from it but i need to know more
>>
>>9075440
Why are you giving the ants cancer?

Some ants will eat just about anything though - it's biological, surely they can do something with it - probably traces of food in there.
>>
>>9075439
>30 years later...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7HRC_MjrlY
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.