[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do mechanical waves turn into feelings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1501440155717.jpg (50KB, 955x637px) Image search: [Google]
1501440155717.jpg
50KB, 955x637px
How do mechanical waves turn into feelings?
>>
You're the one that's turning them into feelings. They're literally just mechanical waves.
>>
>>9074071
How does the brain turn mechanical waves into feelings?
>>
>>9074081
I don't know, personally.

I assume you're talking about sound waves hear, judging from the OP picture.

I did find those short article on music and the brain <http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro99/web1/Sancar.html>. It's from the 90s, I'm not sure of it's value, but you can look into the papers it cites if you want to be sure of it's scientific validity.

It seems that the brain is specifically geared towards recognizing logical patterns, and patterns in music are everywhere. If you care to examine how music develops patterns, I'd recommend reading "Fundamentals of Musical Composition" by Arnold Schoenberg, which details methods of creating patterns by repeating and varying single melodies. It is a book written for classical composers, bu the general idea holds across all music, including non-Western music.

I'm not a scientist, and I'm no the best composer or musician, but I hope I've been of some help.

>>9074071 is me by the way
>>
>>9074068
Do deaf people not have feelings?
>>
>>9074068
Signal transduction. The same way electrical current turned into mechanical waves.
>>
There are some books from Robert Jourdain about this, if you really care.
>>
>>9074071
What are harmonies?
>>
>>9074542
Deaf people can still smell touch taste and see.
>>
>>9074068
Because everything in the universe (including (((you))) runs on a wave. Your brain has wave patterns, you car runs on the temperature differential of hot and cold, your computer at it's heart merely turns on and off really fast and the electricity brought to your house is called "alternating current" for a reason.

Waves are everything.
>>
>>9074068
keep in mind feelings are just chemical reactions to a stimulus
>>
>>9076811
Doesn't make them any less significant to our own lives.
>>
The better question is how do musicians turn feelings into mechanical waves?
Is music consciousness?
>>
>>9074068
Mechanical wave can contain intellectual information, such as speech or the theme or a familiar horror movie. By your image I guess that is what you referring to. Waves produced by magnetic displacement. In that case, the intellectual content can trigger memories that trigger emotions.
>>
>>9074068
chemicals and synapses and such
>>
>>9076657
>>9076811
I can close my eyes, be in a silent room with no smells, and not taste anything.
At that moment I still have feelings.
Where do they come from?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.