[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can you die from not eating for 2 weeks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170728_183430.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170728_183430.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
placing here not fit because want scientific answer
>>
>>9072970
Well, if there is anything that can give us the answer it is the scientific method.

OP, set up the experiment. Be sure to control for the right variables and then run it. Do not eat for two weeks and then report back to us.
>>
>>9072973
no no i wish to hear from experience of others

u nerd
>>
>>9072986
That is not the attitude of a scientist. Someone like you will never gain insight.
>>
>>9072988
id love to experiment on you
>>
>>9073000
I shall do it, for science and for 2 million bucks. Hack my IP and send them to my house with your address and I shall do it!
>>
sure you can, you can die from almost anything depending on your health condition
>>
>>9072970
That depends on things like your weight, genetics, health, etc.

I would say that an average person would be able to survive two weeks without food as long as this person keeps hydrated.
>>
I went without eating for 3 weeks before. Couldnt swallow food.
>>
>>9072970
That depends (like anything else in the world) on many things.

Among them are, your general health, your body weight, how much sport you are doing and many more.
But in general it is at least possible for a human to survive for weeks without food.
>>
if you have enough reserves (phat) you can probably live for weeks without food

but you gotta be careful when you start eating again, your body adapted to not having food and you have to acclimate yourself to eating again.
>>
Depends, I've read about this very fat guy not eating for a long time and surviving on only drinking water to lose weight. Which is realisticly possible, but not very healthy. If you have enough fat, 2 weeks should be doable as long as you stay hydrated.
>>
It will depend on how much fat and muscle you have and how many calories you are burning, but in general, no. Three weeks is more typical, and most people these days could go four weeks as long as they are mostly just sitting and lying down.
>>
>>9072970
Can you: yes
Will you: no

You'd be better off asking fit if you want anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>9073397
After 1 or 2 weeks without any food, just water, how should you get back to it?
>>
>>9072970
depends on how fat you are and how much muscle you have. Your body will eat your fat and muscle then your internal organs and then you die. I think a "healthy" person with normal, i.e. low, body fat is supposed to be able to survive 2 weeks.
>>
>>9072970
I know a guy who was in the Kurdish liberation front and performed hunger strike for approx 3 weeks surviving on nothing but a bit of salt and sugar every day so vital compnents of his body could work. He ate nothing and drink nothing but water and could have gone another week or two before death. It's only an anecdote but the salt/sugar thing is pretty standard in hunger strikes.
>>
>>9072970
there are numerous sources that say an adult male can live 2 weeks without food and experience no adverse effects [citation needed, i know] why don't you just google it ffs
>>
>>9072970
Depends of your health state but many people would pass two weeks without problem if they can drink.
We all have distant ancestors trough all time who survived famine at some point, the ones unable to survive this died and leaved no descent.
Body consume first glucose then proteins for a little time then fat and last return to proteins which is dangerous then. Liver convert proteins and fat to feed the brain
Wikipedia estimate complete starvation death between 8 and 12 weeks
Read these two articles:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation?wprov=sfla1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response?wprov=sfla1
>>
>>9072973
Not OP but I might try it for a week, I'll have a week without work.I should be able to work out and drink water.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.