[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rebar in volcanic rock?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20170729_165525918.jpg (4MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170729_165525918.jpg
4MB, 4608x2592px
The picture doesn't adequately depict the actual object I have in my possession however I will try to describe it as best as I can. The rock is dark in color some areas are near black with obsidian this would indicate it's of a volcanic nature.
I live close to a dormant volcano there's a small trail that has several pieces of volcanic rock most of which contain petrified wood copper light and imprints of trees and leaves. But today I found something interesting it appears to be a piece of rebar or similar metal object the rock appears very old but the rebar is recent and is surrounded entirely by the rock it doesn't appear to have been hammered or drilled and as the picture shows there is also some melted metal of some sort. How could this happen?.
>>
>>9072410
That is a piece of concrete my friend. Globs like that are poured into holes to give posts and street signs foundational support. you can sometimes find them in empty lots where a building deconstruction has been done.
>>
File: IMG_20170729_165519359.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170729_165519359.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
>>9072415
Not to sure about that.
as I stated the pictures don't do the object much good. There is no Street or nearby city or town if it was in a Development Area I would suspect it would be concrete however considering this is in the mountains with no homes around this raises my suspicions I have other specimens of a similar nature.
>>
>>9072422
not him, that's a hunk of concrete.
>>
>>9072415
>>9072428
These

t. Geologist
>>
>>9072428
It doesn't match any cement/ concrete that I've seen it appears to be a solid piece of igneous. Concrete is heavy this piece is relatively light. I know for certain this is not a piece of concrete.
>>
>>9072422
Do you have a hammer and chisel to chip a piece off?

I would also say it looks like some sort of concrete. I know its probably not what you want to hear but it does seem like anything other then that.
>>
>>9072447
You're right in that it's hard for me to hear this. As I said there are no homes in the area and the area found it is pretty solitary. When chipping at what am I looking for?
>>
>>9072445
>It doesn't match any cement/ concrete that I've seen
>I know for certain this is not a piece of concrete.
and your expertise with geology is? you're basing your assertion on past limited experience and only on visual evidence.
> it appears to be a solid piece of igneous
also based on what?
>>
File: 1501372512489-886074937.jpg (4MB, 2592x4608px) Image search: [Google]
1501372512489-886074937.jpg
4MB, 2592x4608px
>>9072459
One. There are no homes in the area. I found the rock in a solitary area in the mountains.
Two. There are other volcanic specimens in the area as well. Which would lead me to believe I found something that would be volcanic.
I would post better pictures but 4chan's 5mb limit prevents me
>>
>>9072457

It would just give us some better understanding at what we are looking at if you could chip a piece off and post a picture so we could see what the inside texture looks like.

Now forwarding my field in expertise isn't geology but I did work in a crystal and mineral store for about 5 years and i've worked with lichens for even more so I think I have an okay understanding of how different minerals look like.
>>
>>9072410

The rebar rusted and leaked out into the surrounding concrete which is what caused the discoloration. Also, I don't understand how you thought posting this pic was >>9072422 going to help you. The first one was questionable, but this one is without doubt concrete.
>>
>>9072467
Chipping a piece as we speak I appreciate your help regardless of the answer
>>
>>9072475
Of course also try your best to take a focused picture of the specimen.

But no offense to you or anything but back when I worked at the shop we would always get people coming in with iron slag insisting it was a meteorite but 99% of the time it wasn't. Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct answer. Although I couldn't tell you how a piece of concrete got to an area as remote as you're describing you'd be surprised how much junk there is out in the middle of nowhere.
>>
File: images-86.jpg (47KB, 454x324px) Image search: [Google]
images-86.jpg
47KB, 454x324px
>>9072485
>Although I couldn't tell you how a piece of concrete got to an area as remote as you're describing you'd be surprised how much junk there is out in the middle of nowhere.

Plenty of infrastructure, old buildings and shit like that is scattered in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>9072485
I work in construction specifically I work with cement and concrete I've seen what it's supposed to look like.
I have a chisel and a masonry hammer the piece will not break or fracture. occasionally Sparks will fly from it accompanied by small Flecks of dirt. I took the hammer directly to it and a small piece did break off. There are holes of various sizes some of which go quite deep with small shards of metal. If I could post detailed pictures I would but as I said there is a 4mb limit.
>>
>>9072507
so resize the picture.
>>
File: IMG_20170729_183349740.jpg (3MB, 2592x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170729_183349740.jpg
3MB, 2592x4608px
>>9072513
Resized
>>
Doctor who theme plays Woooooweeeeeeewooooooeuuuuuu wewoooooo............
>>
>>9072466
>There are no homes in the area.

Not anymore. Proof is that piece of concrete.
>>
>>9072410
>volcanic rock
>is actually slag

sorry friend no ancient alien evidence today.
>>
File: Br-1r8MIEAAEucT.jpg (45KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
Br-1r8MIEAAEucT.jpg
45KB, 533x800px
Its the remains of an ancient civilization

Its a glitch in the simulation

Its overlooked debris left over from the previous simulation.

Its from a parallel universe where there was a terrorist phase bomb attack scattering debris across the multiverse

Is a piece of concrete that feel off a truck hauling a demolished structure out of the woods

Fell off an airborne vehicle

Part of a secret nearby underground bunker

A troll thread

From space

Coincidental arrangement of atoms emanating from shortly after the big bang

Joke by aliens

Scat from a giant volcanic rock creature that cant digest rebar

etc...
>>
>>9072876
>a troll thread from space
giggled
>>
>>9072876
false because rebar was invented by the cis white male patriarchy to oppress whhhhamen
>>
>>9072422
i don't know if we count enough as scientists to chime in, but that's definitely concrete
>>9072466
and this claim that there are no homes in the area is clearly contradicted by the evidence you just showed us in these pictures

t. archaeologist
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.