[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets make the planet a spaceship.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: featured-space-policy.jpg (313KB, 949x534px) Image search: [Google]
featured-space-policy.jpg
313KB, 949x534px
Ok so I just had a crazy idea. If its so difficult to travel long distances through space while still having human interaction, why don't we just turn the entire planet into a spaceship.

Stay with me.

This would obviously take centuries to be ready for let alone prepare for it. But lets say we have technology that can kick us out of the suns orbit, and propel us through space via a planet?

Now the big question is, how do we sustain life on the planet? I say we prepare a grid off interconnected batteries that absorb the energy of our sun and those that we may come in contact with. Those batteries would act as an energy source to create artificial lighting for plant growth and what not.

That would be impressive enough for humanity to pull off.
>>
>>9072125
How drunk or stoned does one have to get to come up with this shit?
>>
>>9072125
Look up some equations for escape velocity, and momentum/inertia. Then look up the estimated weight of the Earth. This question is far too retarded for me to do any math over but i can tell you right now that shit is never going to fucking happen. This is not "oh but when technology gets better" no, this is something that will literally never happen. Its far easier to develop interstellar space travel than it is to develop interstellar space travel, then scale it up to the size of Earth so you can kill off 99% of the plants that give us our required oxygen.
>>
Fuck it, in 1000 years when my cyborg army and I travel through space on our intergalactic spaceship of a planet, I will remember the doubters and engrave your names directly under the feet of my statues.
>>
>>9072279
>"Anon"
>>
>>9072279
Kevin
>>
>>9072279
me
>>
>>9072279

t.

Seth
>>
>>9072279
Get the hell out of here, Mongul.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.