[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What evidence is there to support that Atlantis existed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Atlantis_Bahamas_Hero.jpg (185KB, 1280x700px) Image search: [Google]
Atlantis_Bahamas_Hero.jpg
185KB, 1280x700px
The city under the sea
>>
Not too much, but there is a case to be made for global floods of the supposedly neolithic era/Ice Age.

-> http://iafi.org/ice-age-flood-simulation-video/
->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA3j5_vKQfc

From the information presented in the CC video at ~1:00 is the single best piece of evidence in favour of Atlantis:

A). The Nile river flooded predictably
B). Myths tend to be based on local events
C). Therefore Egyptian myths should portray flooding as beneficial and non-cataclysmic

However, it is FROM Egypt that the myth of Atlantis comes from - indicating that the Nile couldn't have been the cause of such a myth, but rather an exceptionally cataclysmic flood.

In spite of this, I would still hold that Atlantis is probably not located in the Atlantic Ocean. At the very least, there should be SOME cities under the ocean - if not a substantial number.
>>
>Wait 30 years
>All of Tampa Florida is now Atlantis
>>
Pretty good evidence of the existence of civilizations predating Plato which could be his inspiration for Atlantis but none from 12,000 BC. Also pretty good evidence for the existence of prehistorical peoples that were destroyed or at least forced to relocate because of natural disasters and flooding but none that could be rivals to Greece, most prehistoric peoples didn't even build cities. None of these existed beyond the pillars of Hercules anyway.

Pretty good evidence for civilizations that existed beyond the pillars of Hercules but they weren't in contact with Greece, weren't civilizations that could be rivals to Greece anyway, weren't large enough to fit the description of Atlantis, and weren't prehistoric

So pick your poison I guess.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Peoples

Maybe? Who knows.
>>
Minoan Civilization and the Thera Eruption.
>>
>>9070599
As in they fled from Atlantis or the great flood was a metaphor for them?
>>
>>9070547
every major civilization is situated near seal level, primarily, that was even more true in the past. At the end of the last ice age sea levels rose something like 120 feet and every major civilization was underwater. 15,000 years later the only remnant of that history is the legend of Atlantis.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.