[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Years ago I was told a story of a man who opened his own arm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Years ago I was told a story of a man who opened his own arm to see the tendons that are inside, however I do not remember the name mentioned and therefore cannot check the validity of the infomation given, can anyone source this please?
>>
>>9070429
well it's not unbelievable, considering some doctor gave himself an appendectomy
>>
>>9070429
Why didnt he just take a cadaver anatomy class?
>>
>>9070442
It was before the time or when the infomation provided wasn't as accurate as it could have been, I belive it was told because it allowed for advancement in this area of medicine
>>
>>9070470
sounds like an urban legend. We've known about tendons forever
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_anatomy
>>
>>9070484
Like I said it could have been just for the advancement in the area, but I haven't ruled out the possibility of it being an urban legend
>>
I don't wanna sound autistic, but I've always thought operating on yourself sounds cool af desu. I've always wondered if there was a way to volunteer for a surgery where a surgeon opens me up, snoops around, and then closes me back up, just to record the entire process so I could see what /my/ internal organs/skeletons/etc looks like.

+ it would leave behind a cool scar
>>
>>9070630
why not just go to an open operating room and observe a surgery? or look up surgeries on youtube?
>>
>>9070632
Because I want to see what /my/ insides look like, or (if somehow possible) feel them.
>>
>>9070645
you're a strange one anon. Your insides look like other peoples insides, macroscopically at least. But hey, a dream is a dream. It would be extremely painful of course
>>
File: 1497811529368.jpg (41KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1497811529368.jpg
41KB, 500x281px
>>9070630

What you're suggesting goes against current medical ethics. Operations necessarily include risks (short term and long term). One of the pillars of medical ethics is "doing no harm". In order to go ahead with surgery, especially a pretty invasive one like what you mentioned, the potential benefits should outweigh the potential harms. In this case the potential harms are clear but there are no potential benefits other than satisfying your curiosity. Most surgeons would therefore refuse to perform it. The only ones who might accept would be money obsessed cunts or sickos.

That said, if you actually need programmed surgery, you might be able to ask the anesthesiologist to stay awake. Seeing stuff wouldn't be very likely and touching is out of the picture (assepsia and surgeon butthurt over touching the surgical field).
>>
>>9070645
sounds like someone needs to do some yoga
>>
>>9070630
>>9070785
This and also surgical scars fucking hurt my dude. Somehow I didn't anticipate this until I had a major surgery. The surgery itself doesn't hurt of course, but at the end there's still a cut that goes all the way into your body cavity.
>>
There was a /b/ poster long ago that would cut themselves open like this. Really deep so you could see muscles. Took the flesh right off their thigh.
>>
>>9070911
That would have been interesting to see, I don't suppose you have the images/videos? If so please share
>>
What the fuck and why the fuck did I enter this thread
>>
>>9070929
I didn't mean it to be like this....
>>
Is it possible to remove all skin from the body and still have a perfectly functional person, or has this been done on animals. This seems like the right place to ask
>>
>>9070957
Not for long... You'd get infections, go systemic and die. The main reason burn victims die.
>>
>>9070630
Maybe you should get a cat scan... Easy way to see your insides without the pain.
>>
>>9070916
Coldnessinmyheart
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.