[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the true pure mathematicians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 800px-Sanzio_01_Pythagoras.jpg (184KB, 800x938px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Sanzio_01_Pythagoras.jpg
184KB, 800x938px
>Pythagorean School
"He adapted a cave where he studied and lived day and night, discoursing with a few of his associates"
"There were ascetic practices"
"The members of the sect showed a devoted attachment to each other, to the exclusion of those who did not belong to their ranks."
"The rigorism of the ritual and ethical observances demanded of the members is unparalleled in early Greece"
>>
>>9070173
They also were a religious sect, who killed a guy (Hippasus of Metapontum) who proved the nonnegative square root of 2 to be irrational basically shattering their established holy dogma, as per Pappus.
>>
>>9070594
>who killed a guy (Hippasus of Metapontum) who proved the nonnegative square root of 2 to be irrational basically shattering their established holy dogma, as per Pappus.
literally a myth, probably debunked on snopes
>>
>>9070600
>myth
There was a guy apparently named Pappus who wrote of the murder of a Pythagorean who proved sqrt2 was irrational. You can't disprove this, even if you go on David Mikkelson's fraudulent truth arbitrating scam Snopes
>>
>>9070623
>fraudulent truth arbitrating scam
>>
>>9070623
There is no evidence for it my friend. It is a myth and/or intentional fiction, just like 80% of info you'll find about the "Pythagorean school" is.
>>
>>9070623
>There was a guy apparently named Pappus who wrote of the murder of a Pythagorean who proved sqrt2 was irrational.
Let me guess, you believe Socrates existed?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.