[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't evolution made it so there would be like a trigger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0518.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0518.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
Why hasn't evolution made it so there would be like a trigger warning. Like for example, you know how you can hover over a thumbnail and get to see a fraction of the video or play an mp3 sample before purchase to give you an idea.
Why is it not like that irl
>>
>>9067144
So what you are asking is, why didn't we evolve into species that can see the future ? Get ur ass back to /x/
>>
>>9067147
No why does your body not do something like make you really sick, but only for a day, to give a heads up of "if you continue doing what you're doing what caused this, this is going to be permanently"
>>
>>9067155
It does actually. The body gives us info about our health.
>>
>>9067160
Not with like a toothache or cancer
>>
>>9067163
...yes it does
>>
>>9067144
>before purchase
????
>>
>>9067155
It does. I once got really sick after eating a Slim Jim and drinking a chocolate milkshake -- one or the other was Not Good.

I can eat either today, but the combination is repellent now. My body remembers that combination being followed by a horrible bout of the speweverythings.

Also, we evolved to have a sense of smell, that can tell us if something we might want to eat has started to rot, Hell, all of the senses can do what you are asking, "I see that path is littered with broken glass, guess I won;t walk down it while barefoot."
>>
>>9067163
Definitionally, your body is telling you when you have a toothache,
>>
>>9067144
Some things like rotting corpses strongly repel us because they are hazardous to us, whereas for instance flies and vultures are attracted to them because they are biologically apt to consume them. This is an example of the human body giving a trigger warning. Another one is the instinctive stress most people feel when standing at the edge of a high cliff and looking at the ground below.
>>
>>9067172
Don't reply if youre too lazy to. Contribute then
>>9067245
I mean fullblown disease, just for a day, like you would experience it at its worse

>>9067173 ?
>>9067249
But.. it's too late already then?
>>9067354
I mean fullblown disease, just for a day, like you would experience it at its worse, this would seriously put someone in its place i figure
>>
>>9067385
>I mean fullblown disease, just for a day, like you would experience it at its worse

This would be both impractical and unlikely to happen as a result of evolution. Nature tends to follow the easiest path, so if a given warning prevents 99.9% of a species' members from engaging in a dangerous behavior while keeping them reasonably functional, then it's effective enough to ensure the species' survival, and if you, as a member of said species, engages in said dangerous behavior despite the warning it pretty much means you're dysfunctional/retarded so your elimination from the gene pool benefits the species as a whole.
>>
>>9067408
I like the explanation
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.