[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music while studying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1498176829341.jpg (6KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
1498176829341.jpg
6KB, 290x174px
I live in an areally with a lot of loud parties nearby. What music should I listen to while studying so as to improve focus while drowning out the noise?
>>
I'm under the impression that listening to anything is worse than silence. Essentially anything you use any mental energy on is a distraction. If you want to stick to that theory headphones and white noise, eventually you will forget it's there.
You could also use one of those online rain/storm sound generators. It accomplishes the same thing and is much more pleasant.
That said, I tend to listen to ambient video game music. Specifically the No Man Sky soundtrack. I'd recommend anything you like without singing though. Or just music you've heard a thousand times already and can mentally tune out. The key is for you to not listen, as odd as that sounds, so if it gets you into the mood to study, and is easy to tune out, it's good.
>>
>>9066374
thanks brother
>>
Technical death metal for studying or gtfo
>>
death grips in one ear, neutral milk hotel in the other
>>
>>9066333
I've found slow piano music to be real enjoyable.

I've also enjoyed "neoclassical," which, despite its hipster-y sounding name, is a really pleasant genre. Here is a link to a nice mix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXLUQZ2n2PU
>>
File: kashiwa-daisuke-88.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
kashiwa-daisuke-88.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
>>9066477
>slow piano music
this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvwouZM3AxI
https://modernarecords.bandcamp.com/album/ichiru
>>
>>9066333
Something really loud and with lots of complicated lyrics will surely help you focus.
>>
>>9066333
Multitasking is generally speaking bad for you according to one research as it supposedly kill brain cells. So you should focus on only 1 thing especially during study time. This is pretty clear now. Buy ear plugs, they should be really cheap on amazon/ebay, until then i suggest you do what >>9066385 says. From personal experience when i focus on my material i forget that i'm listening to anything and when i realize i just wander off with the music and start daydreaming, not only that you focus on the phone and even go onto social media, and that's bad, before you know it, 40 minutes pass by and you are just slacking off. Regarding music, something neutral. With that i mean no singing, it should be slow and emotionless. The Mozart effect perhaps ?
Wagner - Das Rheingold - Entry of the Gods Into Valhalla for example is really bad as its really energetic. Ambience is good, but it also has to be neutral. When i turn on Skyrim ambience i loop back into those 300hrs ive spent on the game. Rain is good i suppose, try to find something where you feel relaxed. For me storms work really well.
>>
I usually listen to an ambient playlist while studying, I wouldn't recommend to listen to anything with lyrics in it.
>>
>>9066333
Baroque. Written when scientific method was forming and instrumentation was becoming viable and precise, the universe was thought to run like the new clockworks, and the music reflected that. It's simple, plodding, requires little thought.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM_Dj4CHnuU
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.