[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of the turbo nerds verified this shit yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 897.png (156KB, 670x723px) Image search: [Google]
897.png
156KB, 670x723px
Have any of the turbo nerds verified this shit yet?
>>
>uses nazi mathematics to single handedly create a new branch of research
>oh and btw proves abc as a lemma in his theory.

Mochizuki is truely /ourguy/. He is basically the Newton/Leibniz of our time.
>>
File: Θ ±ell NF-Hodge theaters.png (32KB, 485x485px) Image search: [Google]
Θ ±ell NF-Hodge theaters.png
32KB, 485x485px
>>9065084
>Θ ±ell NF-Hodge theaters

Mochizuki updated His Webpage this Month
http://www.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~motizuki/papers-japanese.html

However since there are very few Math PhDs that can understand this I can't even ...
>>
>>9065084
Couldn't he just formalize his own proof and feed it through a proof checker?

There is a little-known proof method by the name of "Proof by Intimidation" where one's reputation supersedes the validity of the proof.
>>
>>9065084
Afaik in 2015 a few guys went to Kyoto and stayed there for like 6 months and verified the correctness of the proof, or at least they couldn't find any mistakes.
Problem is, even the 3-4 guys in this world who "understood" it could not explain to other guys how or why it works, other than there's no gap in it.
(Ironically perhaps for the same reason Mochizuki can't explain it, a top mathematician literally still needs to spend too much time learning all these new things outside of his research interest).

We probably need a few generations for these ideas to percolate, wait for someone to use this theory to do something else. and perhaps there will be a more comprehensible version. They all know this. I think Mochizuki's students are the ones to do this job. They will study other fields and find some connections, because the other way around (people from other field to penetrate this theory) seems hopeless.
>>
>>9066078
>Couldn't he just formalize his own proof and feed it through a proof checker?
Formalising proofs is incredibly difficult.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.