[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neuroscience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: spinning-lady.gif (204KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
spinning-lady.gif
204KB, 300x400px
Where can I find serious textbook / articles on the lateralization of brain function?
>>
>>9064710
Youre going to want to find articles on neuroplasticity, corpus callosum, Broca's area, Wernicke's area, and you also mind find some intrigue in parietal touch reception.
>>
>Cajal 1906
>>
>>9064710
in the sticky.
>>
STOP THE SPINNING ALREADY, NAKED LADY
>>
>>9064710
Wish the lady who made this image didn't include the reflection on the floor. It ruins the illusion.
>>
>>9064776
>>9064778
>>9064796
I'm kind of interested on how the left/ right brain duo work in decision making / risk taking process. As I understand from the article on wikipedia, the Left hemisphere drives action, while the right one is responsible for risk control. I guess this falls more in the field of behavioral neuroscience? I haven't found anything interesting in the reference section, so I guess I'll start at Kandel and see if it leads somewhere..
>>
>>9064817
>It ruins the illusion
Uhmm..no
>>
Anything by Norman Doidge you fuckernutter
>>
>>9064884
Why are all replies pointing to studies of neuroplasticity? What does this have to do with anything?
>>
>>9064849
It follows from perspective that you can only see the further foot's shadow when it's further away from you, and it moves in the direction that the woman is turning. The shadow is probably just an artifact of the 3D program that was used to make the image, but it needs to be removed to make her rotational direction fully ambiguous.
>>
>>9065041
It's a mirror image of the lady. It cannot cue you on the direction in which she spins. Take a look at the original http://www.procreo.jp/labo/labo13.html
>>
>>9064842
Dont take those at face value. Its easy in neuroscience to find a multitude of functions for an area or set of areas but these might only be relevant in the experiment the findings were taken from and get overgeneralized. There isnt enough research on lateralization. From what ive read the only certainty is language is on the left and that might shape many other. Honestly we dont know. There are so many different functional lateralizations people have found. Look in ethology if you want something that goes to the roots (but still unclear).
>>
>>9064842
Why u so interested in lateralisation?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.