[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did we evolve to conceive this as beautiful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 218213-dawn.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
218213-dawn.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
Why did we evolve to conceive this as beautiful?
>>
>>9063586
Evolution is a Jewish hoax.
>>
it's cool visual effects. the sky appears to be different colors in different spots, and the sun reflecting off the waves looks cool.

It's more interesting than when the sun just shines directly down
>>
>>9063586
Because our brains like strange things and beauty wasn't directly programmed by anything. I probably came about more organically, at least for the basis of beauty like symmetry and small asymmetries and certain colour combinations. But the rest is cultural and just the result of thousands of small things that happen as you develop like a crush on a girl when you were 5 who had a daffodil in her hair so now as an adult, despite not remembering her, you think daffodils are lovely.
>>
>>9063586
>Why did we evolve to conceive this as beautiful?

Because God did a nice thing for us there.

Can you imagine if sunsets were terrifying?

If every autumn the trees shed hair instead of leaves, that had to be raked up and burned, or just got left in big piles of hair everywhere?

What if water tasted like shit but you had to control your gag reflex and drink it anyway to survive -- you instinctual had to drink it, it was just loathsome?

Imagine a world in which perceiving sound was painful; in order to get the information it brings to you (a tiger is sneaking up on you, conversation about where the tigers are do son't go there) you had to listen to it, but it hurt like fuck! Music, if it existed, would be torture.

Thanks, God, for these your may blessings.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.