[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people bloom late?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Weierstrass.jpg (87KB, 280x411px) Image search: [Google]
Weierstrass.jpg
87KB, 280x411px
Why do some people bloom late?
>>
>>9063499
Lack of sunlight and/or fertilizer
>>
WEED
>>
>>9063499
Sometimes I wonder if it is just once you are out of a stifling environment (Nonintellectual parents/peers and the pressure to appease them), childish addictions (TV (it used to be OK when Discovery, Natgeo, History channel weren't all Hippies, Conspiracies, and reality-History), vidya games, WEED, social media)

so basically >>9063501
>>
>>9063499
muh genetics
>>
>>9063577
I was raised in a Jehovahs Witness household with parents that actively thwarted my high school career and had me go door to door/read the bible/ etc for 20-30 hours a week. As a result, my high school career is trash.

A few years later and I'm a chemistry undergrad with 4.0 GPA at state college. I'm two to three years older than my coeds and feel like a "late bloomer". Of course, I'm not a prodigy or anything, but it's an example of going from below average to above average.
>>
For me it was just lack of proper exposure to science and math, and a combination of really horrible teachers.

One day I randomly started reading a math textbook and everything just clicked in my head, and it all went from there.
>>
>>9063619
My GPA also saw an increase when I got away from my parents.

Also Hinduism has some wisdom in it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mundaka_Upanishad#Sacrifices.2C_oblations_and_pious_works_are_useless.2C_knowledge_useful_-_First_Mundakam
>>
>>9063634

this, but nothing 'clicked'. i had to study for a long time. you'd probably laugh at how bad i was at math. i think not learning it during childhood and early adulthood is why it sometimes comes slowly to me now.
>>
>>9063619
I hope you still at least go to the meetings anon ;_;
>>
File: grassmann.jpg (8KB, 268x326px) Image search: [Google]
grassmann.jpg
8KB, 268x326px
>>9063499
>not posting pic related
literally started studying maths seriously at the age of 21 for all we can tell. and even then he wasn't considered particularly good.
>>
>>9064738
Vandermonde was a violonist, he only started math at the age of 35.
>>
File: Predestination.jpg (105KB, 710x369px) Image search: [Google]
Predestination.jpg
105KB, 710x369px
>>9064454
Fuck offff
Not same Anon, but imagine having to read the same few Bible verses over and over again every day, quite literally a brainwashing session. Also i guess going door to door selling religion like a salesman gave me the ability to sell lies to reach where I want to be. But fuck actually staying in that religion for long.
>OT
Late bloomer here too. Went to trade school, work in controls and robotics; going back to school for CS to hopefully transfer into CmpE or EE after two years. Then depending on how much I love academia, either going back into private sector or continuing my studies in BME or Bioinformatics
>>
>>9063619
And did you at least sue your parents or kill them early to get the inheritance?
Either way smart children should be much more antagonistic towards trash parents.
>>
If you kill you parents you have to go to prison
>>
File: 1498766344246.jpg (81KB, 638x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498766344246.jpg
81KB, 638x1024px
>>9063748
Hinduism sounds like a cool religion to read about it
Just not actually practice it
>>
>>9065951
all organized religion is a cult groupthink control system and you should be ashamed for following anything other than deistic agnosticism
>>
>>9065951
The link posted pretty much says all the rituals and shit are a waste of time and not to do them.

How many other religions say that about their own rituals?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.