[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: fucking_leaves.png (72KB, 1599x719px) Image search: [Google]
fucking_leaves.png
72KB, 1599x719px
I took a picture of the trees in my yard backlit by a bright sky once per week for a year. I took the portion of blue light in every picture and brute-forced this pretty curve onto it. I expressed the amount of light coming through the canopy as a fraction (1 in the dead of winter and 0 at full leaf-out). Can anyone slowly explain to a brainlet whether I did anything worthwhile?
>>
>>9063124
You made a plot of data points, but no fit.
>>
>>9063124
While that doesn't look real too me because the weather should make a lot more noise and I doubt you did it at the same time each week it looks like you made something similar to the movement of the sun through the sky which is basically saying you made nothing of note. Cool but useless.

Keep doing whatever interests you, good luck!
>>
>>9063124
Looks pretty cool. I think you quantified the yearly cycle of that particular tree pretty well.

However, why do your measurements not have any scatter? The fact that they fall on such a smooth line tells me that you either did some editing of the data or that this is all fake.

But it's still a good idea!
>>
>>9063513
>>9063832
There was significant scatter in the blue light values, but that was the value that followed a seasonal pattern the closest. What I did was use desmos to plot a polynomial from the original data, figuring that the rates of leaf-out and leaf dropping aren't linear. I couldn't really tell that from the data, though.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.