[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

u jelly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (27KB, 787x267px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
27KB, 787x267px
u jelly?
>>
>>9062538
No because this isn't nowhere near the most important magazine in my field.

You are also probably a faggot bragging on being author number 12 of 13 because the first author happened to be your daddy's friend and put you in as a favor.
>>
>>9062538
nigger
>>
>>9062538
>No because this isn't nowhere near the most important magazine in my field.
Alright, then what if this were the NPG equivalent journal in your field? Would you be jelly then?

>You are also probably a faggot bragging on being author number 12 of 13 because the first author happened to be your daddy's friend and put you in as a favor.
Not exactly, but not that far off either. I'm 2nd and 4th author on these manuscripts. While the 2nd authorship is deserved imo (I collected and analyzed a substantial part of the data, and wrote sections of the paper), the 4th authorship is for political reasons (I wrote a semi-influential paper on a similar topic) and I hardly contributed.
>>
>>9062583
I'm a medfag so this is probably the equivalent of one of the JAMA specialty journals.

Congrants on the pubs, but oncr you start getting included on important papers for doing hardly anything that's when you've made it and the extra pubs stop mattering so much.

I'm still in the "writing papers for others" phase, but at leasts I've gotten first or second authorships (with my peers, not the expert) with that.
>>
>>9062593
>I'm a medfag so this is probably the equivalent of one of the JAMA specialty journals.
JAMA neurology has an impact factor that's almost 50% lower than that of nature neuroscience. I guess a good equivalent would be science translational medicine, it has a similar impact. Or lancet neurology.

>Congrants on the pubs, but oncr you start getting included on important papers for doing hardly anything that's when you've made it and the extra pubs stop mattering so much.
Yup. I usually refuse these because I don't like to be on papers just for shits and giggles, but this manuscript represents extremely well conducted work that I don't mind being associated with.

>I'm still in the "writing papers for others" phase, but at leasts I've gotten first or second authorships (with my peers, not the expert) with that.
Keep at it, and before you know it you'll be the one deciding the order of authors.
>>
>>9062538
I'm kinda jelly actually
>>
pretty funny to see you faggots are starting to publish now

when this board got added there were hardly any grad students, let alone people who publish in journals like this one
>>
Sup cajal
>>
>>9062538
No, why should I? I don't give a shit about published bullshit by autists.
>>
>>9062711
so why are you on /sci/
>>
>>9062707
lmfao
>>
>>9063398
recognized?
im not really jelly as much as i am proud of you anon. good job!
>>
>>9063398
we miss you
>>
>>9065379
Who do we miss?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.