[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Class divisions in psychology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: sad.png (108KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
108KB, 357x368px
I recently attended a talk given at my university about the psychology that backs up social justice.

It was kinda long but the gist of it was this:

As rich people grow up with less problems that poor people, they develop less empathy, making them subhuman.

As men grow up with less problems than women, they develop less empathy, making them subhuman.

As white people grow up with less problems than black people they develop less empathy, making them subhuman.

And intuitively I can see the reasoning. Imagine you had a kid and you raised him with 10 maids who all did all he wanted and he was never corrected about anything. That person would grow up to be a fucking asshole with no respect for other humans.

But what studies have been actually made about this? What is the data in this topic?
>>
Imagine a kid who has to hustle in the jungle and kill people and shit to survive, do you think he will develop mature empathy?
>>
>>9062304
>But what studies have been actually made about this? What is the data in this topic?

that was your job anon. You should have asked that during the Q and A. how are we going to know where some random presentation pulled their sources?
but if it was a psychology lecture, who cares, it's just speculation based on surveys lel
>>
>>9062310
>You should have asked that during the Q and A

There was no Q A section. Because of some shit that has happened in previous talks with people asking questions that the speakers did not like, what the university does now is that a week before the talk you can send in a question. Then the speakers have that week to read your question and decide if they want to address it in their talk.

Then at the actual talk a couple of questions where addressed but none of them were about the data. The questions they answered were all about "how do we fix this?" basically.
>>
>>9062322
so you attended a pseudoscience lecture with censored questions. Yea i wouldnt give that too much weight. Who was presenting? Did you look them up, their credentials, ect?
If they don't have data, everything they are saying is speculation.
>>
by that logic africans should be a beautiful thight knit community despite their misery and they are not
>>
Black people are usually the least empathetic in my experience desu
>>
>>9062304
Personal experience is not the only eay to gain empathy. Reading a book or watching a documentary about the rapidly declining blue-collar workforce due to automation can make you emphatic of their plight without having ever worked in a factory yourself.

The idea of "privilege" is that certain groups of people have more opportunities to succeed and be competitive in the workforce, which they then use to give further opportunities to their children.

It has nothing to do with psychology.
>>
>>9062304
>men grow up with less problems than women

2/10, made me reply
>>
Why the fuck are social justice issues considered the predominant stimulus for developing empathy? Did humans not have empathy until societies became multicultural with the modern age? Don't normal everyday events in most families and communities provide opportunities to learn and exercise empathy? You'd have to be a totally brainwashed retard to believe any of this shit, which is no surprise that they blocked any unvetted questions from a likely disappointed and insulted audience.
>>
>>9062304
Not true at all

Most psychopaths are born in the worst kind of environment.

It is not about where you are created but by how...

Several studies show that lower income people have lower social intelligence...

When you have to grow up trying to survive, you donĀ“t have time to think in other people problems and to think about spiritual enrichment.

Your psychology class was pure bullshit, and there it is not a single proof to what they said
>>
>>9062551
And they grow up in shit holes for the most part
>>
>>9062725
How can someone who has never worked a day in their lives suppose to understand the plight of blue collar workers?
>>
>>9062846
You don't experience what they're experiencing first hand but you get insight as to what they might be feeling.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.