[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man Made Climate Change: is it real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
We don't know enough about this earth, I think we need to learn more before we make conclusions, we need to do things like drill into the earth itself into the mantle so we can learn more about it

Our temperature records, we don't have records that go back very far, plus what do these graphs even mean?

https://www.google.com/search?q=climate+temperature+records&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS742US742&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKiPaJ-KPVAhWm8oMKHQSeDaUQ_AUIBygC&biw=1920&bih=974#imgrc=WW3JPJ7L5_bobM:

Sure, maybe some go back like 500,000 years, but thats not a long time you scientists should know it the earth is over a billion years old
Volcanos create more co2 then all humans combined know that

plus what the hell do your graphs even mean? there is no base line from which you can reference

Also, alternative energy like solar energy is going to cause the deaths of many poor people cause manufacturing the panels is going to be dangerous

It could start the next energy wars

Also, how can we trust NASA's climate data? they are a politically motivated government organization

Also, the Mauna Launa observations is bullshit because there is no baseline and it has not been recording for more then 60 years

Climate change is not man made it is a result of natural climate changing, and the earth is actually cooling
>>
>>9061592
(You)
>>
>>9061594
not an argument
>>
>>9061611
yeah it is
>plus what the hell do your graphs even mean?
>your
your a moron. plus if you think it's a conspiricy what makes you think an anonymous shitposting site is going to clear things up for you. i'm sure there's plenty of edgy fourms that would be happy to circlejerk around your frontal lobe degeneration
>>
>I don't want to accept scientific evidence
Then get out of this board. I can assure you nobody here will try to waste their time arguing with you.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>9061623
>>9061615
>>>
> Anonymous 07/25/17(Tue)01:15:22 No.90

see even you can't explain the graphs, what do they mean?

There is strong evidence and several articles that the there is global cooling

Also, normal people like myself don't have time to read those "scientific journals" so thats not an argument right there you have to present me evidence

we don't anything about this earth and our temperature records go back 1 million years at most, the earth is 1 billion years

you scientists should realize that

you have no baseline to work off of in the graphs because we don't know
>>
>We don't have records that go back very far
We have records going back to hundreds of thousands of years extremely accurately
>>
>>9061592
Okiedokie. I personally hope another anthrax outbreak from permafrost occurs but isn't contained to just Siberia and kills you.
>>
File: spam.png (3KB, 283x59px) Image search: [Google]
spam.png
3KB, 283x59px
Another wave of paid janitor threads. Off topic, easy to spot.
>>
>>9061631
That's not a long time the earth is 1 billion years old anything could occur

We need to drill into the earth to know more we know very little
>>
>>9062123
I need to drill into your mom
>>
https://skepticalscience.com/argument.php
>>
>>9062205
>https://skepticalscience.com/argument.php

how do you know that data is real? it could be using nasa data and nasa is a government website so they could easily fake
derp!
>>
>>9061592
>We don't know enough about this earth
Who's we? How much do we need to know about the earth before you will admit that CO2 drives the climate via the greenhouse effect?

>Sure, maybe some go back like 500,000 years, but thats not a long time you scientists should know it the earth is over a billion years old
How is it not a long time when the period of AGW in question is 100-200 years? You're not making sense.

>Volcanos create more co2 then all humans combined know that
Humans emit 60 times more CO2 than volcanoes annually. The total amount over the lifetime of earth is irrelevant when we're talking about their effect over time.

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/which-emits-more-carbon-dioxide-volcanoes-or-human-activities

>Also, alternative energy like solar energy is going to cause the deaths of many poor people cause manufacturing the panels is going to be dangerous
LOL like you care! AGW will cause far far more damage to your country and poor countries than solar panel manufacture. Hypocrite.

>Also, how can we trust NASA's climate data? they are a politically motivated government organization
You're right, and the moon landings were faked. Nevermind that NASA's data agrees with every other record and there is no significant difference from the raw data.

>Also, the Mauna Launa observations is bullshit because there is no baseline and it has not been recording for more then 60 years
What are you talking about moron? The entire point of the Mauna Loa observatory is that it is an isolated baseline.

>Climate change is not man made it is a result of natural climate changing, and the earth is actually cooling
You are a loon.
>>
After going through this booklet explaining the Climategate emails in context, it's very difficult to have any faith in Climate science. http://www.lavoisier.com.au/articles/greenhouse-science/climate-change/climategate-emails.pdf
>>
File: IMG_0954.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0954.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>9061592
lmao seal a room with whatever gases are currently there, now add some heat. Do the same thing except change the concentration of co2 or methane. Whoa the temperature differential is higher now
>>
>>9062427

The planet is not a sealed room.
>>
File: lmao.png (487KB, 599x426px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
487KB, 599x426px
>>9061592
>I don't understand the evidence so I think shit that no one cares about.
>>
File: CC_trends_anthro.png (422KB, 1520x1230px) Image search: [Google]
CC_trends_anthro.png
422KB, 1520x1230px
>>
>>9061592
>Climate change is not man made it is a result of natural climate changing, and the earth is actually cooling

You spend way too much time saying we don;t know enough to know what is going on to then categorically state what is going on.

1/10, please hang up and troll again later.
>>
>>9062544
Problem with those graphs is that they have no baseline and it only spans the last 100 years
>>
>>9062544
So 1 degree in 100 years? So in 3000, it might be one degree warmer?

This does not look like OMG NEW YORK IS UNDER THE SEA!!!!

Looks like a fairly minor problem that we have plenty of time to work on.
>>
>>9062835
>So in 3000
FUCK!

In 2100. In a hundred years.
>>
File: CC_1850-2014 ppm.gif (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
CC_1850-2014 ppm.gif
2MB, 480x480px
>>
File: IMG_0974.jpg (16KB, 225x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0974.jpg
16KB, 225x250px
>>9062518
So gas doesn't get trapped in our atmosphere then? Sort of like a sealed room? Then how are you breathing?
>>
>>9062835
>So 1 degree in 100 years? So in 3000, it might be one degree warmer?

you're not good at math are you?

the answer to that problem was 30 degrees
>>
>>9062884
Ha caught myself before you did.
>>9062838

So the point is still -- in 100 years it may get very slightly warmer.

Pardon me if I don't panic about that.

Any number of geoengineering approach can be tried if need be, or in that time we may develope either energy techs that don;t produce CO2 or industries that need it as a resource.

Lots can happen while we slowly watch the thermometer go up an imperceptible amount.
>>
>>9061592
>We don't know enough
What do you mean by "we", Peasant?
>>
>>9063022
we as human beings

there are very few reliable sources and most articles are not very accurate

its hard to find unbiased information because everyone from nasa to scientists have agenda

we can't trust nasa because they are from the government
>>
>European hour
>everyone ignores the retard
>American hour
>they fucking bump the thread

Jesus Fucking Christ, learn some self control
>>
>>9061615
He used the right your you fucking brainlet, he wasn't trying to say "you are graphs"
>>
>>9062410
This is pure misinformation with no context. You should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>9062822
>no baseline
>no baseline
>no baseline
You don't even know what baseline means retard.
>>
>>9062835
1.3 degrees celsius in 100 years is unprecedented in the temperature record.
>>
File: inigo-it-means.jpg (48KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
inigo-it-means.jpg
48KB, 400x400px
>>9063143
>everyone from nasa to scientists have agenda
>agenda
>>
>>9062894
>So the point is still -- in 100 years it may get very slightly warmer.
The point is that this is an unprecedented rate of warming which ecosystems Cabot adapt to. 1.3 degrees averaged over the entire globe is massive.
>>
File: really makes you erupt.png (420KB, 473x540px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you erupt.png
420KB, 473x540px
>Volcanos create more co2 then all humans combined
a common lie pushed by deniers. human activity actually produces ~100x as much CO2 annually as do volcanoes.
a while back I even crunched the numbers and found that even if a supervolcano blew up tomorrow, it would still not put volcanism on top.

>the gassiest of magmas are maybe 0.1% CO2 by mass, and a supervolcano eruption puts out somewhere upwards of 10^12 tons of ejecta. let's be generous and say that a really really big eruption (on par with the one that created the Fish Canyon Tuff, arguably the largest eruption known) would be ten times that size. That's 10^13 metric tons of ejecta, or (again, a generous estimate) 10^10 tons of CO2, or 10 gigatons of carbon dioxide. Wow! Ten BILLION tons of carbon dioxide spewed into the atmosphere in one massive blast!
>Except that human activity emits THREE TIMES THAT MUCH IN A SINGLE YEAR.
>http://www.d.umn.edu/~mille066/Teaching/2312/Elements%20Articles/Self%20Elements'08%20supervolcanoes.pdf
>https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Calvin_Miller/publication/240779372_Supervolcanoes_and_their_explosive_supereruptions/links/54412bf20cf2e6f0c0f6021d.pdf
>https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/which-emits-more-carbon-dioxide-volcanoes-or-human-activities

>>>/pol/ you fagtron
>>
>>9061630
>normal people like myself don't have time to read those "scientific journals" so thats not an argument right there you have to present me evidence
basically:
>you have to present me evidence
>and it doesn't count if I don't want to look at it.

>>9062123
>the earth is 1 billion years old
niBBa better be trolling
>>
>>9063296
We only have been recording tempertures for like 100 years and rhe earth is over 1 billion years old so we have no baseline yearly temp records to compare it to

My point is is that we know so little about the earth it's composition and history of temp that we have nothing to compare our current temps to so for all we know this could be natural

Our graphs could just mean nothing because of how little data there is it's just too convientirnt that your graphs happened to fit your and scientists agendas also those graphs are made by the government and they have an agenda too

You have yet to provide me with any actual data besides those that fit your world view but it is understandable because it is hard to find credible sources as go nermen data is not trust worthy

The earth has been changing its climate naturally
>>
File: ►saged.jpg (109KB, 1300x892px) Image search: [Google]
►saged.jpg
109KB, 1300x892px
>>9061592
>sage
FUCK outta here with this bs
>sage
>>
>>9062255
I want a year by year global temperature record that goes back 1 billion years but we don't have that therefore no baseline
>>
>>9063281
are you a collective retard
>>
>>9062867
We actually lose tons of gas every day. Plus the room would, in order to match the model of the earth in any similar function, include large bodies of water and a constant influx of heat from the sun. If the earth was a closed system life couldn't develop and your stupid opinion wouldn't exist.
>>
>>9063475
>We only have been recording tempertures for like 100 years and rhe earth is over 1 billion years old
There is much more information available about temps than the human record.

>so we have no baseline yearly temp records to compare it to
But that's false retard. The baseline is just the average temperature over some period of time. The temperature anomaly tells us how much hotter or colder any point in time is relative to the baseline period. The rate of warming is therefore independent of any baseline.

>My point is is that we know so little about the earth it's composition and history of temp that we have nothing to compare our current temps to so for all we know this could be natural
You fundamentally don't understand the concept of global warming them. It's not called Global *Warmth*, since it's the rate of warming that's concerning, not the absolute temperature. Not to mention that the overlaps between various temperature proxies allows us to compare absolute temperatures. You are seriously misinformed and ignorant, and you are projecting that ignorance on scientists. Or you'e just a shitty troll pretending to be retarded.

>You have yet to provide me with any actual data besides those that fit your world view
Unfortunately, all the data agrees with my worldview, since science derives its worldview from the data. As opposed to people like you who start with their worldview and reject all data that conflicts with it.

Shitty troll is shit.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.