[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is IQ genetic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1853.jpg (496KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1853.jpg
496KB, 900x506px
Is IQ genetic?
>>
Another one of these ?
>>
>>9061141
Another day at /sci/
>>
File: IMG_1679.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1679.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
>>9061140
Why are they all white men?
>>
>>9061148
>Jews
>Italians
>Americans
>White
>>
>>9061140
When you spawn in the game you get points to distribute in intellect, strength, and wealth.
>>
>>9061140
It is partially genetic and partially not.
>>
>>9061140
It's said that 50% of whites are smarter than the top 20% of blacks, sooooo...
>>9061273
Okay Jews aren't white but Italians and Americans in colonial times were
>>
File: 1468361600936.jpg (34KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1468361600936.jpg
34KB, 292x257px
>>9061140

For the most part, yes. From the one psych course I ever took, I remember something about your maximum intellectual capacity/range being capped by genetics, though your environment and decisions determine where you end up within that preset range.
>>
>>9061140
you're forgetting the creativity factor
>>
How do you explain fat kids who follow their moms cart full of frozen raviolis and pizza rolls around walmart?

They will never say: mom we need to start getting in shape and do something with our lives before we die early and I have my own kids that will go through this same cycle
>>
File: polcycle.webm (238KB, 370x290px) Image search: [Google]
polcycle.webm
238KB, 370x290px
>>9061345
>>
>>9061485
>everything that hurts my feelings is /pol/

Fuck off, baby. It's time to grow up.
>>
i believe most people have more than enough capabilities, so the cap is not really a problem for them, it just painful to think.
>>
It's 100% genetic, and it is the perfect measurement of intelligence as well as the single best predictor of success in all aspects of life.
>>
>>9061458
Brainded fatties
>>
I'd say yeah. Is it absolutely hereditary? No.

Jaco Barnett's IQ is attributive towards his autism, which is a genetic trait, but his parents aren't 170 IQ wielding astrophysicists either. Mom's smart, I assume. She wrote a book.

>The findings suggest that autism’s development is “more like height than we thought — many small risk factors add up, each pushing a person further out on the spectrum," adds co-author Kathryn Roeder, of Carnegie Mellon University.
https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/study-suggests-most-autism-risk-comes-common-genetic-variation

Means it isn't really "hereditary."
>>
>>9062073
Also IQ isn't a static value. One can increase one's IQ through various means, such as meditation, image streaming, a particular qi gong practice, brain training and, well, more. Lots more, I assume. Not hereditary
>>
Firstly we have to assume that IQ is a real estimator of intelligence (I don't think so).

Then, I think it is clear that it would be a trait with complex heritance. That means that the statistical variance of the trait has two major parts being one of them due to environmental factors and the other to genetic factors.

That basically means that both environment and genetics are involved and probably interact (we geneticists say that environment is everything that is no genetic).

So you cannot say that is a mendelian trait but for sure it has an hereditary part.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.