[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What field is appropriate for understanding the fundamentals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What field is appropriate for understanding the fundamentals of existence? Is it metaphysics or is math a viable option? I generally like to think about metaphysical problems, but I feel that there is alot of things in philosophy that is too high leveled (high level abstarction layer) and therefore not relevant to the fundamentals of existence, any ideas?
>>
>What field
The answer lies in a rejection of the question. You must be a generalist and avoid hyperspecialization, and compartmentalization. Try to resolve the underlying absolutes everything is composed of and the connections between them.
>>
>>9060814
Ontology
>>
Astrology
>>
>>9060827
yes but i need to start somewhere, it would also be great if i could make a living somehow
>>
>>9060814
can you specify what you mean by fundamentals of existence?
>>
>>9060880
I have this belief that the world is very simple, and that the world build up like a tree in mathematics from a single very simple point, where paradoxes play a central role and you will have to just "accept" one or two things, but from those things the whole existence develop in abstraction layers, where each layer creates new rules out of only one or two fundamental rules, it is pretty hard to explain it in text without writing a novel. What am i doing here? Logic? Math? I just don't know what to it really is
>>
shameless self bump
>>
>>9060891
see
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-ontology/
>>
>>9060891

So you like reductionism. Mathematical logic and fundamental particle physics should be right up your alley.
>>
>>9060891
This >>9061291
And mereology
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>9061291
>>9061405
>>9061442
thank you all very much!
>>
>>9060814
>What field is appropriate for understanding the fundamentals of existence?
[math]\mathbb R[/math] obviously...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.