[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feynman had a verified IQ of 125. Despite his low IQ he did amazing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 14

File: download.jpg (4KB, 131x186px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 131x186px
>Feynman has a verified IQ of 125
>Feynman couldn't get into MENSA (IQ too low)
>Feynman did amazing work in physics despite his low IQ
>Most people here on /sci/ are verified smarter than Feynman

Why aren't most people on /sci/ doing great things in math & physics despite being smarter than Feynman?

Feynman is PROOF you can have a low IQ and do amazing work.
>>
>>9059532
Because we're on 4chan shitposting.

Feynman could have been here if the internet was around then, shitposting with us.
>>
>>9059538
But Feynman had a low IQ and was successful. People on /sci/ are smarter than Feynman and not successful. Feynman messed around in his life too and still found such success. Don't think posting on /sci/ and wasting time is the sole factor.
>>
>>9059532

"I suspect that this test emphasized verbal, as opposed to mathematical, ability. Feynman received the highest score in the United States by a large margin on the notoriously difficult Putnam mathematics competition exam... He also had the highest scores on record on the math/physics graduate admission exams at Princeton... Feynman's cognitive abilities might have been a bit lopsided... I recall looking at excerpts from a notebook Feynman kept while an undergraduate... [it] contained a number of misspellings and grammatical errors. I doubt Feynman cared very much about such things."

- wikipedia.
>>
It is possible he wan't serious about an IQ test and just skipped many questions. When I was at school I remember getting bored after like 3 minutes and started putting random answers(I was a child and didn't even know about IQ). If someone made me take an IQ test again right now I woldn't be trying to do my best, it's really boring and has no impact(I mean I won't get any reward for scoring high)
>>
>>9059541
>People on /sci/ are smarter than Feynman
actually believing this

The other factor is the people visiting here. They typically are underachievers and self loathing. They aren't successful because they haven't applied themselves.
Feynman did whilst also drinking and sexing his way through problems.
>>
>>9059551
IQ test weigh verbal + quantitive. If he scored high on the quantitive part but low on the verbal part then the overall IQ of 125 is accurate.
>>
>>9059553
Feynman wasn't smart enough to get into MENSA. Remember that.
>>
>>9059556

"Years later he declined to join Mensa International, saying that his IQ was too low."

- wikipedia.

Apparently, he was offered a place...
>>
>>9059567
Honorary place anon.
>>
>>9059567
His IQ is literally lower than most people on /sci/. Stop trying to make him out to be smart. He should be seen as a success story for what low IQ people can achieve.
>>
i read somewhere that the celing for that test was 135.
or something like that.
>>
Tbh, we dont know the iq of alot of famous mathematicians. Julia Robinson had a sub 100 iq.
>>
>>9059578
Making excuses.
>>
>>9059579
More evidence you can be low IQ like Feynman & do great things. This is very inspiring for low IQ people
>>
>>9059578
Yup, ceiling effects.

His math performance at college alone predicts a quantitative IQ well above 170, so a normal, non-school IQ test would have pegged his composite IQ at about the average for his field: 155.
>>
>>9059592
No. 125 is accurate. If you do well in one subsection but not the other then your overall iq goes down. That's how iq test work.
>>
Can we put this in the Facebook I love science post? This is truly inspiring that an IQ so low can do so much in physics
>>
>>9059575

he wouldn't be able to do what he did if he wasn't smart... he got amazing scores on math tests. that should be evidence enough. plus what IQ test was he going on when he said he was too low? the one he did in high school? even so, being in mensa doesn't automatically mean you are going to be a brilliant intellectual. i've seen on videos loads of people who are apparently in mensa who are just bums (not literally, colloquially).
>>
>>9059586

but they are not are they? desu most people are at their mathematical height during what is our 4chan /sci/ years. it will do no good.
>>
>>9059594
His verbal IQ would have to be in the gutter to have an IQ that low. The man wrote a classic book. I don't think so.
>>
>>9059612
IQ test don't lie. Feynman was barely above average. This is extremely encouraging to average people of average intellect
>>
Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average college graduate
>>
Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average high school student
>>
Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average high school teacher
>>
Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average med school student
>>
Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average high school gym instructor
>>
Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average physics student
>>
Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average pure math student
>>
Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average school high teacher
>>
Feynman wasn't much smarter than you're average /sci/ shitposter
>>
>>9059716

No more. This one brought tears to my eyes
>>
File: 1500635094877.png (17KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1500635094877.png
17KB, 300x225px
>>9059532
>125 IQ
>despite his low IQ

Are you a girl?
>>
Feynman wasn't you're much smarter thanhigh teacher
>>
>>9059750
probably because the average IQ on this board is around 135(thanks to online iq tests)
>>
>>9059755

/sci/ isn't the fucking mensa clubhouse so i find that very hard to believe.
>>
>>9059552
You're afraid of being proved low IQ or at least lower IQ than you thought.
>>
although there are at least a few anons who really seem to know their stuff.
>>
and a real iq of 125 isn't that low...
>>
>>9059763
If more africans are born your IQ goes up.
>>
>>9059532
>n /sci/ doing great things in math & physics despite being smarter than Feynman?
>Feynman is PROOF you can have a low IQ and do amazing work

Or perhaps the more likely explanation is that RIchard Feynman took a bum or non-representative test.

If 3% of the population who have 125 IQ or higher were at least as intelligent as richard feynman then we would have far more physicists of his character and far more smart people in general.

The OP and anyone who did not instantly realise why the OP was wrong is such an idiot
>>
>>9059763
So do I. But if you read this board you'll find people here to claim their IQ is 130-150.
>thanks to online iq tests
Means that some(= most) may pass shitty online test and believe in their surerior iq/mind
>>
>>9059774

not a comforting thought desu
>>
>>9059779
> implying iq is not im the wrong
>>
>>9059532
His verbal score was very low.
But this math score was very high.
>>
>>9059771
150 is the current brainlet cutoff
>>
>>9059552
>tfw to smart for IQ tests
>>
Who gives a fuck about who's smarter than whom ?

This is litterally "My dad can beat your dad" : /sci/ edition.
>>
>>9059532
>Feynman had a verified IQ of 125
No he didn't. It was a shit self-administered test.

>Despite his low IQ he did amazing things
Nice try brainlet.
>>
File: 1500930337100.png (173KB, 710x485px) Image search: [Google]
1500930337100.png
173KB, 710x485px
>>9060975
>>
>>9059532
Anyone who thinks feynman actually has a 125IQ is a brainlet who still wants hope. It's fairly self-evident that he was intentionally obtuse when answering like he always does.
>>
>>9060991
Feynman realized there are better things 2 do then jerk off over digits.
>>
>>9060989
how's that relevant with Feynman? Asimov's another brainlet who could only write boring novels.
>>
File: 1498525951616.gif (58KB, 752x752px) Image search: [Google]
1498525951616.gif
58KB, 752x752px
>>9059532
>>9059538
>>9059541
>>9059556
>>9059575
>>9059771
>>9059774
None of you fucking mongs maybe just MAYBE realizing IQ might not be the most accurate measure of intelligence, and that MAYBE it's just an easy way out to map into R stuff that really can't. I'm so fucking fed up with the autism on this board

t. diagnosed with an IQ of 135 when I was 8
>>
>>9061042
Yeah its pretty ridiculous here. You can't go one thread without someone mentioning IQ
>>
>>9061042
Given your enormous IQ I'm assuming you're taking the [math]\mathfrak{BAIT}[/math] ironically. It might be autism though. Or maybe you've been here too long and now you're barely on Feynman-levels in term of the Intelligence quotient.
>>
>>9059532
Just because you have a fast computer doesn't mean you'll get more done.
>>
>>9061080
damn...
>>
>>9061080

They forgot to test Feynman's other cores
>>
>125
>low

Uh huh.
>>
>>9059532
see the thing is iq isn't static feynman had his iq increased over time due to his passion, hardworking, practice, and studying, something that most people in this website lack
>>
>>9059781
lemme tell ya that most people here are insecure about their intelligence so people here take online iq tests numerous time till they get the right digit so they could pat themselves in the back and inflate their ego while achieving damn nothing.
>>
>>9061127
There are actually studies that show high IQ individuals reach their high IQ potential/developer into their full IQ later than lower IQ people.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/12063178/ns/health-childrens_health/t/brains-very-smart-kids-mature-later/

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5310107
>>
>>9059532
Some science/math oriented people regard IQ the exact same way "normies" regard penis size.

That said, I do think there are people insecure about their intellect that use Feynman to make it seem that even not so intelligent people can amount to something too.
>>
>>9061156
He had a low IQ. He inspires many people. Look what he did with his low IQ.
>>
>>9059538
>>9059553

>Because we're on 4chan shitposting
>underachievers
You guys should stop with this underachievers meme.

Solving "problems" from an IQ test and solving problems in physics, mathematics or the real world might be similar in some aspect but they are on entirely different scales of thinking.

Succeeding in the former doesn't imply succeeding in the latter. People who "achieve things" (e.g IMO or Putnam top scorers - like Feynman) are people who succeed in the latter. High IQ underachievers, like men who are proud of playing with toy-soldiers and winning battles, they look at men who go to war and ask questions similar to OP's.
>>
>>9061602
Feynman's IQ is low tho. He just worked really hard to achieve what he did in physics. Not cause he was smart.
>>
>>9062307
Please let this be a bait. Every person who worked with Feynmann said he was very intelligent and could see things other couldn't
>>
>>9059532
I highly doubt Feynman's iq was 125 you fucking retards. He got "the highest score in the country by a large margin on the notoriously difficult Putnam mathematics competition exam, although he joined the MIT team on short notice and did not prepare for the test. He also reportedly had the highest scores on record on the math/physics graduate admission exams at Princeton." It is very clear Feynman was a genius. There is no doubt there, which can only mean either iq itself is wholly flawed, his test was just garbage relative to other iq tests, or it was a fluke
>>
>>9062313
His IQ test says 125. Respectable but not genius. he wasn't that smart.
>>
>>9062307
isn't that essentially smart?
>>
>>9062307
LMAOO YEAH OK, BELIEVE THAT IF YOU WANT

see: >>9062317

feynman was unequivocally a genius. there is no disputing it. he didn't just "work hard", as if anyone could do what he did
>>
>>9062324
That's what brainlets say when their IQ scores don't match how smart they actually think they are. His score wasn't even high enough to get admitted to MENSA.
>>
>>9059532
Gosh... it's almost as of the ruler by which you mongoloids messure yourself isn't valid for measuring intelligence!
>>
Feynman killed philosophy in physics. Now we only have mathemathical models; we know that something happens and it is predictable but we have no idea WHY it happens.

Modern physics is just crashing particles in huge speeds and see what happens.
>>
>>9062313
OP here. It is bait. Hopefully it brought to light how ridiculous IQ is. I will not longer be baiting in thread. If anyone else responds below this comment with similar such comment then it isn't me baiting. I think /sci/ should be cleaned up of such IQ related threads. It is extremely clear Feynman was a genius and his IQ scores don't begin to reveal the intelligence of his great mind.
>>
>>9059575
Do you describe yourself as lazy but smart, by any chance? Possibly even a MENSA member?

No one cares what IQ you test at. Results matter.
>>
Feynman is a certified badass
True alpha male.
>>
>>9059575
>125
>lower than most people on /sci/.
No.
>>
No one on /sci/ has an IQ over 70.
>>
High IQ =/= scientific advancement. Once you're formally studied on a subject the likelihood that you'll make and advancement in it is purely up to the amount of effort and luck.
>>
>>9059532
The probability distribution for receiving a Nobel prize for people with an IQ above 120 matches the distribution of IQ's in the population above 120 IQ. Basically if you have an above 120 IQ you have the same chance of getting a Nobel prize as someone with an IQ of 160
>>
I would imagine Feynman's low IQ score came from slowness.

The speed at which you answer is part of how your IQ score is calculated. Even if you got every question correct, but answered very slowly, you IQ would be low.

I would imagine Feynman to be a slower, contemplative type who wanted to be sure about his answers, and this probably affected his IQ score.
>>
>>9063690
docking you off being a deep thinker is a flaw in IQ exams
>>
>>9059532
what the fuck is this cancerous bait...
>>
>>9059532
Do you really think this means anything?

If anything it proves higher IQ [math]\neq[/math] smarter.
>>
>>9063557
>effort and luck
LMAO, why do brainlets keep saying saying this? Feynman legit received the highest score in the country by a large margin on the notoriously difficult Putnam mathematics competition exam, although he joined the MIT team on short notice and did not prepare for the test. He also reportedly had the highest scores on record on the math/physics graduate admission exams at Princeton.

Explain the "luck", brainlet. Explain the "effort". Feynman was a genius, and that explains his achievements entirely.
>>
Who the frack told you that 125 was a low IQ?
And most of all, IQ by any test, is just an evaluation based on cultural memes. IQ don't mean shit. Results matter. Feynman did more that all this posting bs leads to. Met the man, a
true genius.
>>
>>9059532
>125
>low IQ

Most people on these board have an double-digit IQ
>>
>>9061000
>jerk off over digits
Nice trips!
Checkem
>>
>>9059532
cos like trump said they aint got the stamina
>>
>>9064341
Where did you meet him and how?
>>
>>9059532
if you dont use your iq to its fullest potential then you're just autistic

its all about what you can actually do, not how fast you can compute numbers in your head on command
>>
What's the IQ you would get if you just answer randomly every single item?
>>
Let's say Feynman did, indeed, have a lower "IQ" than most of the people on this board.

He was still smarter than any of us, at least in practical terms.
>>
>>9063997
It is a very big flaw which usually goes unnoticed.
>>
>>9059532
125 isn't low
>>
>>9062351

>trust me. i am OP
>>
File: feynman.png (5KB, 723x275px) Image search: [Google]
feynman.png
5KB, 723x275px
Feynman's "work" sure looks like it could've come from a 125 IQ.
He's like the first lizard to discover gravity. Get your 7 IQ points onto land early enough and anything you can do with them will be groundbreaking.
>>
>>9065583
Agreed. Why does speed matter in IQ exams? This is a huge flaw for highly intelligent people that are thorough/perfectionist.
>>
>>9059532
>People on /sci/ brag about IQ
>IQ is a psychology test
>Most people on /sci/ argue psychology isn't a science and is unreliable
>Still brag about muh IQ
>>
IQ is one of the most reliable and studied areas of psychology
>>
>>9066365
Of course it matters. Don't get it? Idiot.
There's a reason why geniuses do their most important work in their 20s...
>>
IQ is useful to sort out normal people.
>>
>>9066424
Nice try
>>
>>9059532
>125
>low IQ
nice narcissism and disconnection from reality there
>>
>>9059532
>Most people here on /sci/ are verified smarter than Feynman
HAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
HE ACTUALLY BELIEVED OUR POST FUCKING HELL
WHAT A MAD MAN
>>
>>9059532
I have an IQ of 127
Does it mean i can win nobel prize aswell?
>>
>>9066897
This, but applied to the entire fucking worthless board
>>
>>9066916
yeah sure you could anon. work hard, be creative and a good person. i know you can do it if you try because you are good
>>
>>9061018
>Ashkenazi
>Brainlet
Pick one.
>>
>>9065583
Agreed
>>
>>9059551
he had assburgers/autism
>>
File: 1445975383791.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
1445975383791.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
>>9059792
>tfw verbal score is very high but mathematical score is very low
I'm not gonna make it, am I lads
>>
>>9059552
confirmed brainlet in denial
>>
>>9060989
>right wing conservatives
/pol/ confirmed for demigod-tier IQ
>>
>>9071848
You be fine
>>
Why do people get so booty bothered by their IQ? Knowing it should make no difference.
>>
>125 IQ
>low
You guys realize most the people in here are retarded right
>>
>do the internet mensa test
>IQ 115
I think I'm in the right place
>>
>>9059796
>150
you mean no one pretty much
>>
If you believe IQ is not a meme you're a brainlet.

End of the story.
>>
>>9064908
round the back off the London metro bus stalls with the gloryhole in 'em WHAMMY!
>>
>>9059555
Isn't the verbal part listed as Crystallized?
>>
File: degrassetyson.jpg (107KB, 500x431px) Image search: [Google]
degrassetyson.jpg
107KB, 500x431px
>>9060989
>getting the figure tattoed on their foreheads
>>
The real IQ test is what you do with your life, not some dumb quiz some people made up one day. Ever notice how everyone that brags about their "IQ number" is a nerd with a narrow mind?
>>
>>9061042

Most of /sci/ is undergrad stem majors who aren't deep enough into their fields to recognize their own limitations.

Anybody who's had any psychometric experience at all knows that IQ tests are incredibly limited and that intelligence is actually a complex and multidimensional trait that's hard to measure directly. The cliche is that IQ tests are good at finding people who are good at taking IQ tests.

In particular, ANY test designed to work across the general public will have a very hard time finding wild talents like Feynman-- extreme outliers who the test wasn't calibrated for.

Has anyone commented here actually tried to measure some psychological/cogntive construct? Has anyone done test design, purified a measure, or published a measurement paper? How, specifically, do you go from "I know it when I see it" to "the test results say he's a genius"? People who've actually done it have a healthy disrespect for tests like this. They're very useful, but also very limited and can do a lot of harm if you don't recognize those limitations.

t. someone who's done psychometrics and construct validation work in an academic setting.
>>
>>9062351

OP here. This man is a fraud. I am willing to take an IQ test to verify that he's an imposter.
>>
>>9073925
How people as retarded as you exist? Literally clueless about what you claim to be a student of.
>>
>>9071878

/pol/ is alt-right. They brag all the time that they're not cuckservatives.

In Asimov's day, "right-wing conservatives" in New York City were elitist Mitt Romney types. Liberal "rockefeller republicans". The very top tier social elites in NYC were republican. Asimov was a socialist and to him these were extreme right-wingers.

These days, that liberal republican faction is nearly gone. The New York sapiosexual symbolic analyst reality-based cognitive elite smart set is nearly all liberal these days.

But /pol/ spends all their time railing against all these groups and insisting they're totally different. If you don't get to identify with them, then you don't get to claim their awesome IQ numbers. Go back to /pol/ Florida Man.
>>
>>9059532
IQ != Intelligence, duh
>>
>>9073925
Appreciate the post
>>
>>9059532
>Rules have exceptions
>statistical anomalies exist

Oh my, unexpected news.

I also doubt that his childhood IQ did not improve as he got older. He was measured to be only 125 IQ in childhood. IQ is quite malleable and can fluctuate by up to 20 points between childhood and adulthood. This case seems much more plausible.

>Feynman is PROOF you can have a low IQ and do amazing work.
>I can't modify my generalization with ad hoc hypotheses to make it slightly weaker

Again, nice news.
>>
>>9075507
The rule appears to be that the people with the highest IQ have no intellectual achievements.
>>
>>9059532
tfw your parents didnt tell you your IQ after taking a 12 hour test.
tfw all you know is your IQ is over 118.

Fuck this shit.
>>
>>9075543
Nice assertion, buddy. Especially considering that it goes against heaps and heaps of research, buddy.
>>
>>9075595
I'm not your buddy, pal.
>>
That was 125 on the Ashkenazi scale. Not sure what the corresponds to on a test for goyim.
>>
I hate /sci/
>>
>>9075604
I'm not your pal, buddy.
>>
>>9075621
>>
>>9075621
Six million
>>
File: IQ mensa norge.png (86KB, 1776x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IQ mensa norge.png
86KB, 1776x1000px
>>9059532
because i like to sit behind my PC and shitpost on /sci/
>>
>>9059532
Maybe the Dunning-Kruger effect has a sweet spot where competence and conviction are high enough for actual progress.
>>
File: 2017-08-01.png (40KB, 622x506px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-01.png
40KB, 622x506px
>tfw to intelligent for /mensa/
Also, what does the IQ test take into account? Does the time spent on the test affect the score, does the choice of block affect the score, as in if the answer is wrong but closer than other answers it gives more points?
AKA how does one cheat on an IQ test?
>>
>>9059575
lol you fucking pseud you wouldnt shitpost on 4chan if you were so intelligent
>>
>>9059532
IQ of 125 is low IQ? Recheck your facts.
>>
>>9059555
>>9059551
This shit is what tanked my score.
I was given a test at 15 without being told what it was, so I dicked around on it.

Turned out to be an IQ test and they told me that now that I'd had it, I knew what to expect and couldn't take it again, even after I told them that I hadn't taken it seriously.

They said, "that should be reflected in your IQ".
Bitch gave me a 132 IQ despite getting every problem right with ease because I played with the problems instead of rushing through my answers.

She said my score was held back purely by how slow I was at the problems. If she'd have told me it was a test instead of a game I could've made an effort.
>>
>>9077208
You got a 132. Feynman got a 125. You aren't smarter than Feynman and his IQ score (if somehow was accurately measured) would be much higher than yours.

Either way. Speed shouldn't be measured in the score. There are really deep thinkers who don't act quickly who would have severely depressed IQ scores due to this. Much like what happened to you
>>
>>9059555
verbal I.Q. is fucked up, if you don't know the road names of the county you live in they dock your score.

(nice trips of truth, BTW)
>>
>>9071848
Grothendieck tier. Imaginative and creative problem-solving skills and great capacity for abstract thought. Just don't put yourself in a spot where you have to calculate things very quickly in front of others, i.e., give an example of a prime number.
>>
File: IMG_2962.jpg (584KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2962.jpg
584KB, 2048x1536px
Past 115 IQ means nothing, stop jerking yourselves off
>>
>>9061156
IQ is highly correlated with success.

Conscientiousness comes next, but matters less.

You don't go waving your cock around in public, but your IQ manifests itself in everything you do.
>>
>>9059532
variant: IQ is bullshit and anti-intellectual
>>
>>9077672
>>
File: sourgrapes.jpg (17KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
sourgrapes.jpg
17KB, 260x194px
>>9077676
>>
>>9077668
I've read much of Feynman's books. Surely You're Joking and What Do You Care What Other People Think should be mandatory reading for anyone in STEM, imo, because of the insight into his curiosity. That's what makes Feynman brilliant, imo. He didn't ask, "Why?" all the time. He asked, "Why?" and then did something to figure out why. He created an experiment. He wasted so much time on trivial little things that ended up being significant, like his counting experiment, which revealed the difference between visual and verbal counters.

And honestly, I would not be surprised if I did have more horsepower than Feynman. Unlike many famous scientists, like Oppenheimer, Einstein, Newton, Leibniz, etc, I feel like Feynman's work is perfectly comprehensible to me at all times. I have never read a Feynman solution and been lost as to how he got from A to B. And then I read some Newton and even with him explaining it, I have no idea how a mortal mind could make the connections he regularly did.

So I've come to an interesting crossroads here:

Is Feynman a genius who used his genius to make science understandable to as many people as possible, as demonstrated by his famous Feynman Techniques of studying and his Lectures of Physics?

Or is Feynman such a great communicator because he's not a genius so he knows how laypeople think?

Is Feynman famous because of his genius or is he considered a genius because of his people skills?

In short: Is he more like Stephen Hawking or more like Neil deGrasse Tyson?

Hawking being famous for his genius, Tyson being famous for his role as an ambassador between science and laypersons.

It's hard to figure out where Feynman lands between these two on a spectrum, because his academic work is actually much more considerable than Tyson's or even Sagan's, but his social work is nearly as great as either of them.
>>
>>9078101

Mother fucking respect anon. Well said.
>>
>>9078101
All I've read is you think you're smarter than Feynman because you scored a 132 and he scored a 125 and since IQ scores are infallible you must certainly be smarter than him because you understand all of his arguments.
>>
>>9059532
I've gotten drastically different IQ results on professionally administered tests. I got a 120 on the WISC when I was 16 and a 153 on the WAIS when I was 23. The only difference was I was depressed when I took it the first time and hypomanic when I took it the second time. Don't take IQ results as gospel.
>>
>>9079007
Thus, proving your own intelligence to be inferior.
Nowhere in that post was such a claim made.
You literally invented it. Why? Who knows what cavemen think.

The entire point of the post was, "It's hard to tell how smart Feynman actually was," not, "I'm smarter than Feynman because he makes sense."
>>
>>9079050
You literally explained why you think your smarter than Feynman. Re-read your own post. You are a self-absorbed asshole.
>>
File: feynmeme.png (94KB, 825x488px) Image search: [Google]
feynmeme.png
94KB, 825x488px
Please stop posting about this evil sexist racist homophobic """"""man"""""""
>>
>>9062317
>his test was just garbage relative to other iq tests, or it was a fluke
These, most likely. You also have to consider the fact that the test gets less accurate the further you go from the mean. IQ is clearly statistically significant, but brainlets love to use Feynman as if he were some be all end all refutation to the validity of the concept.
>>
>>9080106
I literally just explained my post to you.
Do you think you know what I wrote better than I do?
Who's self-absorbed here? You think you're psychic.
>>
>>9059532
People don't realize just how much of how successful you are is determined by how many hours of work you put in. Feynman put in many more than his peers, so he had more succeess.
>inb4 "just because you work hard doesn't mean you'll be successful"
True, but if you put in twice as many hours as the guy sitting in the cubicle next to you, you're going to get more done and be given more raises and promotions.
>>
>>9059781
IQ test when I was 15 given to me by a government institution: IQ = 114
IQ test recommended by /sci/: IQ = 140
I'm not sure if anybody on here knows what their REAL IQ is; not that it matters anyway., what would they do with their intelligence? Create the wittiest shitpost?
>>
>>9061042
IQ is supposed to be a retarded test. Any dispute on a score over 100 points as far as I'm concerned is a pissing contest. The only one I ever took , I scored 115 and I've made it way farther than the people I know with 130+ IQ. The "smart" people breeze through highschool, and when they get to Uni and realize that they actually have to give a shit to get far drop out in the first semester and work at Wendy's for the rest of their lives. Shit may be harder for people like me, but the combination of working my ass off and actual passion for math and science makes me identical to the überMENSA who are in my classes.
>>
>Smarter than 95% of people
>low IQ
Someone failed statistics.
>>
>>9066415
[Citation needed]
>>
File: yugebrain.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
yugebrain.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
>>9059532
>tfw you have a verbal IQ of 148 but your retard-tier processing speed and mediocre problem solving puts you at a 123.

What should I do in life, sci?
>>
My overall IQ is 142 as tested by a psychologist and go to a top 10 university worldwide but I still feel like a brainlet.

What do I do /sci/?

I really don't know what to do with my life. I feel like I'm just shitposting it away
>>
>>9081218
become president
>>
>>9081218
Get an undergraduate degree in some arts field and then go to law school or acadaemia.
>>
>>9081233
Just accept the fact that you are what should be average. Go out and have lots and lots of average kids and the fill the world with your averageness
>>
>>9081233
>go to a top 10 university worldwide
Which uni and what do you study?
>>
How does one pick a field to work in? Intelligence and hard work aren't enough right? If Isaac Newton had decided to work on subatomic theory he probably wouldn't have got anywhere because he didn't have the right tools and technology for the job, science just wasn't at a point for that to be possible.
So how do you decide? Is it just luck?
>>
>>9080366
You explained why you think you're smarter than Feynman and how he doesn't make any leaps that great. You write as if you could have made them yourself. You come across as saying you're smarter than Feynman and your iq score proves it
>>
>>9059532
IQ is not enough.

Mine is 142, and I have zero motivation to do anything.
>>
>>9082239
You are literally smarter than Feynman with his iq score. How do you feel
>>
>>9081120
Yeah, passion helps. Obviously, the desired combo would be passion + high iq, but passion alone can out perform iq alone.
>>
>>9077671
I didn't have to do that when i took a WAIS test.
>>
>>9080185
proof that jews are white and pol needs to reconcile with them
>>
>>9080214
pretty much. 125 is like the 2nd percentile as well.
>>
>>9083862
98th percentile* looks like im the brainlet here
>>
Cool
>>
>>9078101
Reddit leave
>>
File: 1322615234889.jpg (18KB, 423x222px) Image search: [Google]
1322615234889.jpg
18KB, 423x222px
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-08-flame-retardant-exposure-iq-children.html

What is this?

/sci told me IQ does not measure intelligence.

So I guess there is really nothing wrong with this flame retardant, it is only making the children more equal.. Them white male scientists are just racist ableist bigots.
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.