[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1459714213731.png (39KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1459714213731.png
39KB, 300x300px
Space is a dimension. In a 1D space you can go forward and backward.
Just like space, time is a dimension. So why in one dimension of time can you only go forward? Why can't time be like space in that you can go forward and backward? Also, how would 2D time be like? Or 3D time? If time is relative and there isn't a God/Newton clock, what even is time?
>>
>>9058997
time is just another axis on space. You can go forward (obviously), and theoretically you can go backwards as well (we just haven't done it yet).
>>
How do you reach future ?
How will you go back to something that is over ?
>>
>>9059005
>time is just another axis on space.
Never been proven. There is a very big difference between saying we've created a model whereby there is a consistent geometrical relationship between space and time, with predictive power, and saying that there exists A spacetime.
>>
>>9058997
Time doesn't exist.
>>
>>9058997
>>9059005

There is a reason physics is done on Lorentzian manifolds, not Riemannian manifolds. The mixed signature of the metric is what makes time different from space, and prevents traveling backwards.
>>
What happens if you get two entangled particles, and throw one of them inside a spaceship travelling at relativistic speeds? Isn't that effectively time travel? Also, what if you get a wormhole and throw one of the ends of the warmhole really close to a wormhole and then walk across the wormhole?
>>
>>9058997
>>9058997
It is saud that yiu experience 3D time and 1D space within a black hole, where you can physically navigate layers of light that have entered in throughout aeons while any direction you move in leads to the center of the singularity.
>>
>>9062382
u wot
>>
>>9062382
Please excuse my fat thumbs.

>>9059005
We will never go back, it isnt possible in an expanding universe such as ours.

>>9062419
Curse my fat fingers.
Seriously, my spelling might make me lose credibility but what i say is legitimate.
>>
Think about it like this: what is the difference between 1D and a 2D object in their respective plain of view? If you were to view a 2D object in the 1D plain, that 2D object would only be veiwed to have the property a 1D object as you have no way of getting its other dimension's informations. As an example, if you look at a rod from its base only, you would have no idea how long the rod extends on each side. some say time is a dimension and we live in a 3D + time = 4D space. However our human eyes in particular only have the capacity to veiw the world only as 3D, thus no way other than rational reasoning to deduce the existence of the 4D plain. That said, it is important to note that any n-dimensional beings are only able to freely manipulate n-1dimensional properties.

Time can also be reveiwed as a frame of reference, an infinite slice of moments, as can a Line be constructed with a certain number of dots next to each other; a plain can be constructed from some number of lines; a cube from a certain number of plains; a person's life with a certain number of moments in their life.

If you want to mainipulate time, I guess you gotta transend into a 5D being.
>>
>>9058997
entropy my friend
>>
>>9058997
Time is fundamentally different than space on many levels. Some people want to trick themselves into thinking time is space and vice versa to give the illusion that they can control their destiny (hint: they can't).

Here are the properties of space/time that people get mixed up:

Traversibility:
With space you can travel from point A to point B with no problem.
With time you are always moving forward no matter what.

The illusion that time travel is even possible is due to mixing up the two above

Visibility:
With space, if you know the value of anything on any open interval, then you know where it is everywhere.
With time, something has to be in the present for you to see it

The illusion that future event can be predicted based on past results comes from here

Structure:
Space under a certain basis has a cyclical pattern due to waves that permeate all of it
Time: due to thermodynamics, there is something that always increases (or decreases depending on how you want to look at it)

The confusion between the two here is what "imaginary time" is. The expression [math]e^{(x+iy)t}[/math] has both an oscillatory component and a exponential component. The intuition here is that certain things are a never-ending cycle (days, months, years, epochs, ...) while some progress is inexorable (like the GDP usually increasing). It is all part of a manufactured reality designed to give off this illusion.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.