[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

newfag here. im trying to grasp why a particle in motion has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

newfag here. im trying to grasp why a particle in motion has probabilities other than 100% at a given point in time. if you measure all its positions over an interval can't you make a function of that and get a specific point attached to a specific time value? what makes the notion of fuzziness or sampling occur? i know that our models state this is the case, but why? what makes a measurement lead to this conclusion? if i measure a particles xy position with a tool, over time, i should be able to plot where it was in a deterministic fashion. it's like when a person is seated in a class; you can say they left or moved around, but at each point in time, there's a 100% chance they're at one xy position on the plane of the classroom flooring layout.

i just can't get an intuitive understanding of this idea. i'm trying to draw out a graphical representation of what i'm thinking about, where the height of those lines are the probability of its position. i then realized that the particle isn't actually a spherical shape as that's the probability cloud model. sorry for that.
>>
Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7bzE1E5PMY
>>
>>9058698
will do
>>
>>9058698
ok im still watching it but what does this arrows angle represent? is it just for getting that y component from the flat view of the wave function to see the probability?
>>
Quantum mechanics is NOT intuitive. You essentially just have to accept this fact, and learn the rules of the game
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.