[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think i got an a.s. in mathematics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170723-172037.jpg (143KB, 813x757px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170723-172037.jpg
143KB, 813x757px
wat do now?
>>
>>9058267
You cannot do much desu, other than tutoring.
It will be hard for you to get into an internship, especially if you're from CC as I can see.

You should be able to transfer.
>>
>>9058279
what are my options for the long game
>>
>>9058290
Tutoring highschoolers and down, and if you know how to program then maybe get some IT job.

That's it.
>>
>>9058295
what if i continue to university
>>
>>9058316
Well, now that depends on what you want to do.

Do your own research on the universities you want to do and what you want to do with your major.
Also apply for FAFSA and don't be a retard getting loans.

I'm out senpai
>>
>>9058267
what is that, an associates?
>>
>>9058333
Дa
>>
File: 1500714682311.png (345KB, 443x1347px) Image search: [Google]
1500714682311.png
345KB, 443x1347px
>>9058329

>Applied for FAFSA
>Still have to take out massive loans to pay for uni
>Parents encourage it because they've fallen for the "college is ur future and is worth anything" meme
>>
>>9058333
It stands for "autism support", and it's required for anyone with a genuine interest in pure mathematics.
>>
>>9058377

Bullshit, my local CC offers an AA in math with hardly any exposure to pure mathematics at all.
>>
>>9059081
whats does an AA in math require? at my CC I'm doing an AS for transfer to a uni and we need to do calc1-3, diff eq, linear algebra, and discrete
>>
Fuck you all with your acronyms.
Can't you just type the entire fucking phrase?
>>
>>9060575
To lazy
>>9060565
Im not sure i took calc 2 3 and linear algebra but my ap credits in stats also helped
>>
>>9058369
Dont have to start payments until after college, including grad school. Just do well and do as much as you can with internships or research so you can land a decent job afterwards.
>>
>>9061024
this. if you land a job which pays over 70k annually them student loans won't actually feel financial restrictive.

the only people i met who are in trouble with their loans are people who got jobs which pay under 30k per year. my degree is in math and I'm getting my PhD so i can double my starting salary.

also worth noting: if you are good enough, you will get a TA position or research position and you won't have to pay for grad school at all
>>
>>9062321
>if you are good enough, you will get a TA position or research position and you won't have to pay for grad school at all
i dont think ive ever heard of a PhD candidate not receiving funding, unless they are some part-time celebrity or something. If you are a full time student going for a PhD, it's standard to have tuition waived and a stipend. Master's programs are different, usually you pay out of pocket for those unless "you're good enough". but just getting in the PhD program is "good enough" for funding
>>
>>9060860
>To
I like this abbreviation of "too". Heh, I think I'll use it to
>>
Get B.S. in math specializing in stats and data

It's guaranteed 100k starting if you get a master's now. No meme
>>
>>9062362
Yes. Indeed. DO NOT GO TO PURE MATHEMATICS.

DO NOT GO TO PURE MATHEMATICS
so you can't steal my job haha

NO I MEAN, FUCK. I MEAN PURE MATH IS A MEME DEGREE DO NOT GET IT

APPLIED MATH FOR YOU!!!! IT IS THE BEST I SWEAR.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.