[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Fuck me.jpg (63KB, 700x522px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck me.jpg
63KB, 700x522px
I used to be a creationist and have changed my world view in the last year to an actually scientific worldview that fucking holds water. Evolution, Atheism, 4.6 byo earth, etc... What science actually shows.

The problem: I preached to my family every fucking day as a creationist and so they're all creationists... My brother, who I hardly ever talked to about creationism just told me yesterday that the world was only 6000 years old..............?

Now, because I was so opinionated as a creationist, they see me as even more opinionated now that I'm a secular humanist atheist that thinks evolution is a fucking fact.

What do I do? How do I get them off this shit? Without looking like a jackass?
>>
>>9056422
>get them off this shit
people who believe in religion are generally happier
whats your goal here?
Also there's nothing scientific about not believing in god
>>
your primary focus should be getting them to look past your beliefs rather than proselityzing it
>>
>>9056433
In my view at least, atheism is more scientific.

But I'm totally fine if they want to be religious.
My main goal is to at least get them thinking scientifically. So, off the 6000 year old earth and "Science doesn't know evolution happened for a fact" logic.
>>
>>9056438
You mean I should not preach, just speak my mind, and hope they figure out things for themselves?
>>
>>9056422
There's nothing more or less scientific about believing in God, many of the most prominent minds in science were deists.
>>
>>9056444
just let things go. dont worry about your opinion not it, sometimes you have to make sacrifices for your relationships.
>>
>>9056422
What the fuck is this shit? >>>/r/eddit
>>
>>9056422
>What science actually shows.
First of all that's a retarded statement. Secondly, stop taking responsibility for others' beliefs that's absolutely pathetic. You're way less important than you think you are
>>
Well if someone doesn't accept facts its pointless to argue with them because they will end up being ad homen.
>Cosmic background radiation
Yeah sure, fuck you cuz god is the only one
You can try talking sense into them but u'r odds aren't high

But afterall religion isn't bad, its just a hope for afterlife, you aren't scared of death in a way ?

But sometimes people are kinda brainwashed into thinking dumb shit.

>>>>>>>>>>>> IMO
>>
Surely there's something scientific you and your family agree on, like hereditarity of traits. You could try to build up the scientific worldview from a common basis.

Or you could just preach about radiometric dating and mutations. Apparently preaching worked quite fine the last time.
>>
>>9056422
>Atheism [...] What science actually shows
Sounds like you're still a brainlet.
>>
>>9056422

Live and let live.
>>
>>9056422
Without looking like a jackass?
Not sure if achievable, you reap what you sow.
That said get to work:)
You dug a hole for them, now get them out.
>>
>>9056422
Hope you don't convert to islam next year. You seem to think you are the most enlightened organism out there and will force others around you to become as enlightened as you think you are. Classic
>>
>>9056422

Only atheists think in terms of science vs religion. Think of it this way, science is the measure and study of the physical using observation and experimentation. By it's very nature it cannot presume to offer any substantial view on the metaphysical. You cannot materially quantify the immaterial. It's like looking through a microscope and trying to find an atom of justice or a molecule of mercy.

I hope you see why you're being fallacious.
>>
>>9056422
>creationist turned atheist

Ah I miss being 14
>>
>>9057057
"Never go full retard..."
>>
File: IMG_2558.jpg (45KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2558.jpg
45KB, 500x481px
>>9056422

It should probably be noted that almost every single major figure in the atheist movement is Jewish. You could make a compelling argument that atheism is specifically being pushed by Jews in today's society, and they seem to largely be targeting western Christians and only them.

For example, Sam Harris, Chapman Cohen, David Silverman, Michael Newdow, Gregory Epstein, Sherman Wine, Bill Maher, Eric Kaufmann, and of course, Richard Dawkins's mother has a Jewish surname and was stated to have lived in the only Jewish suburb of the city she grew up in. But he hasn't explicitly named her religion.

But that's only a tiny part of the list. We could discuss the Jewish atheists who aren't pushing atheism so much as atheism-enabling political views like Marxism. For example Soklonikov, Trotsky, Deutscher, Lenin, Uritsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Sverdlov.

And what about atheist Jewish public entertainers that constantly run down Christianity? We can go ahead and recycle Bill Maher here and also include Jon Leibowitz, Stephen Fry, Woody Allen, Rob Reiner, Daniel Radcliffe, Larry David, David Silverman, and... I'm sure I'm close to the post cap, so rather than just name the rest of Hollywood, you get the point.

PURE COINCIDENCE though.
>>
>>9056422
>used to be a creationist and have changed my world view
don't blame them for being brainlets like you
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.