[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw smart but lazy No but really how do I stop being lazy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1475356727886.jpg (18KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
1475356727886.jpg
18KB, 250x226px
>tfw smart but lazy

No but really how do I stop being lazy?
>>
File: 1499795918857.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499795918857.gif
2MB, 202x360px
You're not smart, brainlet. Stop pretending.
>>
>>9055679
heh kid you should know that if i would have the motivation i could kill you
>>
>>9055687
You're lazy and therefore have no money for body armor
I have a gun which I bought with money from my job
czechmate, faggot
>>
Being smart doesn't get anything done. In fact being smart is really really meaningless. I would consider myself smart for the longest while but that was because I was working in social service and was used to be around chronic fuckups, chronic drunks and people who survive on welfare and worst of all, their retarded as hell spawn. Anyway one day it dawned upon me that many of them got more stuff done in their spare time than I did, did a better job of fulfilling their actual goals, however stupid they seemed to me, than I did, and sometimes even made a better living than I did because I was stuck working an ever fluctuating array of low skill jobs for shit pay and was really unhappy.

And you know why that is? Because I'm lazy. That doesn't even cut it. Because I have a multitude of issues preventing me from living up to what I feel I should be able to do. Lazy seems like it's just a bad decision I make now and again. The truth is, it's way more grave than that. For the basicmost example, I'm addicted to absolutely meaningless, retarded ass spare time activities like wasting my time on 4chan when really I have so many other things to do.

Anyway, going off on a tangent. The point is, I can't stand to call myself smart any longer. I'm a fucking retard. People get stuff done. I don't get stuff done. And being aokay at maths and writing shit doesn't make me a genius. It makes me only very very slightly less sad than if I wasn't able to do that.

"Smart but lazy", so sick and tired of it. You are lazy. Period. With a grain of smart, at best, maybe. But what does that fucking do for you. Fuck all. If you're dumb but motivated and put in the work, you make stuff happen. Smart and lazy might as well be dumb and lazy.
>>
>>9055716

You can always start taking stimulants and put your smarts to good use, desu. Better being smart and lazy and retarded and hardworking.

You can treat laziness, you can't treat retardation.
>>
>>9055669
To actually be smart requires you to not be lazy. If you sit in your room all day jacking off to hentai, even with an IQ of 170 you're still stupid
>>
>>9055669
Take ritalin.
>>
File: outm8.jpg (7KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
outm8.jpg
7KB, 218x231px
>tfw smart and hardworking but poor
>>
>>9055818
Is this really the only way? I feel like i tried everything but I never get good longlasting results.
>>
>>9055864
You can still be lazy on ritalin if you don't have the discipline gene.
>>
>>9055669
Amphetamines
>>
File: 12989256.png (828KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
12989256.png
828KB, 773x1000px
>>9055669
Find a dumb but hardworking companion who is willing to do everything you tell them to do, and leverage on each others' strengths.

You should be able to find one of these at fairly decent prices nowadays, /g/ will have more details
>>
>>9055669
I was that way too.

Until I made myself a deal that everytime I messed up due to laziness or procrastination I had to place my balls in a mouse trap.

Needless to say made straight As, mostly A+s, last semester.
>>
Motivation works better if you're trying to accomplish something specific. Also, idk if there's scientific evidence for this but I also think motivation is much stronger when you're trying to not lose something versus trying to gain it.

Sign up for something, and fucking force yourself to do it. If that doesn't work though you're shit outta luck.
>>
>>9055679
fpbp
>>
>>9056146
lmaoooo I have one of those and he's awesome. Much better person than me, objectively. Super hard working, normal dude. Likes sports, has a good family, etc.
Really brings me back down to earth after I spend so much time being a sperg
>>
>>9055669
anger at world/yourself channeled into work
>>
>>9056146
holy shit i fucking did this would ever realizing it... Like our friendship was based completely on utility and we knew it, sure we enjoyed talking and hanging out but when it came down to it, it was all about getting the work done using our different mentalities. I was definitely more intelligent than her, but she was a much harder worker, it worked so well together, although she frustrated me with her irrationality sometimes, but hell by the end, she was less and less irrational, and i was harder working
>>
>>9055669

Fasoracetam or modafinil, don't bother with adrafinil it causes liver damager. Guarana or ginseng are natural stimulants, don't recommend mixing them, ginseng should not be taken more than 4-5 times a week otherwise it causes detrimental effects. Make sure to exercise everyday.

>>9039115
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.