[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain what this game gets wrong in regards to time travel,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: steins;gate.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
steins;gate.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
Explain what this game gets wrong in regards to time travel, kerr black holes, and the possibility of multiple dimensions
>>
>>9055248
I've watched the animu.

the microwave doesnt just time travel the jelnanas but it also teleports them. Time travel shouldnt move you physically anywhere, you should pop out the same place you were
>>
>There is no such thing as time.
>There is many worlds interpretation of QM
>>
>>9055251
The VN more directly addresses this issue; since the premise of time travel in the series focuses on kerr black holes and manipulation of gravity, it becomes exceedingly difficult to predict when and where you'll end up once passing through the kerr black hole. This is resolved with a mcguffin that utilizes complex algorithms based upon the Earth's gravity in order to calculate where a time traveler ends up.
>>
>>9055259
but when the jelnana travels through time it is not only moved spatially but ATTACHED to the rest of the bananas
>>
>>9055262
>>9055259
And yes, the only facet of scientific accuracy I can attack the animu on is the fact the a jelnana gets attached to bananas after time travel.

Also, I believe Daru realizes that the jelnana was moved from microwave to the bunch, instead of just (whats his name? rintaro?).. this is literally the only time daru is aware of the time travel (and I think that girl too, right?)
>>
>>9055270
That's actually a good point. In the VN they read the "Jellyman's report" which discusses the effects of human time travel, though. I don't remember the anime all that well, but I don't think that the others are incapable of witnessing the effects of time travel (after all they all see the Jellyman's report), but Okabe is the only one who can travel worldlines with his memories intact. So actually there's two kinds of time travel at work; the actual kind that results in the Jellyman phenomenon, and the kind where paste events are manipulated, the results of which only individuals like Okabe can perceive.
>>
>compress multiple terabytes into an SMS string

LHC motherfucker, I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>9055337
Yes, actually, this was pretty scientifically inaccurate
>>
>>9055248
Time travel does not exist and most "science" in the show is just plain guessing.

(Obviously that is actually exactly what sci-fi means and it was pretty great)
>>
>>9055248
>Explain what this game gets wrong in regards to time travel, kerr black holes, and the possibility of multiple dimensions

That any of those things exist.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.