[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is CRISPR a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2313.png (218KB, 510x751px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2313.png
218KB, 510x751px
Is CRISPR a meme?
>>
you better hope your ass it isnt
>>
>>9054054
It's "we can power America with a solar grid the size of a small city" meme tier.
>>
is pic related lol?
>>
>>9054054
yes, it currently still has plenty of offtarget cutting
>>
>>9054054
Not for the Chinese.
>>
>>9054054
No, it's fucking cool as shit. It's a big lifesaver too
>>
>>9054054
absolutely not. It's new, so it needs refining but some of the shit they have done with it already is amazing
>>
>>9054174
Probably because target sequences aren't always as novel or gene specific as we'd like.
>>
I find those 'big' trends in molbio very weird. First there were GMO 'flavrsavr' tomatoes and they turned out to be shit. Then they were all about HUGO. And when it was finally done and over, and the data was found too huge to analyze, RNAi came, and everyone, everyone freaked out again - and then it turned out it had serious limitations. After the short stem cell hype (clinical trials still don't lead to any shit, right?), they started screaming about massive parallel sequencing and the 100 $ genome, and it turned out it just won't happen like that. Now it's CRISPR/Cas's turn of not becoming the messias or the holy grail.
>>
>>9054054
Yes. It's just going to be banned for any interesting applications because both the right and left sides of politics hate the idea of it.
>>
>>9054054
>CRISPR
haven't heard that name in a year.
yeah issa meme
>>
Serious question, if i studied genetics then learned a programming language could i be earning six figures customizing rich peoples fetuses?
>>
>>9056910
you could earn 8 figures if you patent a better method than CIRSPR. why do you guys always think so small? making a patent or business should be your goal, not just making a cushy salary.
>>
>>9056914
>you could earn 8 figures if you patent a better method than CIRSPR

thats what im talking about, i use a computer interface to program a virus then let it do the CIRSPR thing
>>
>>9056915
first off you need to understand that programming a virus isn't as exact as you think. you'll probably be doing a thousand programming methods before you get a consistent result. we can't even get consistency with making drugs efficiently. it's all still trial and error tables with different parameters for concentration. so for you to really go far, try to think of a theoretical method of modelling different transport complexes with pharmaceutical drugs to get a consistent model for chemical engineering, then extend that into bioinformatics. you'd probably get a nobel prize just for the first step, but the second would make you a legend. all of that would need attosecond spectroscopy to understand intermediary steps involved in various interactions between intermolecular structures of a nucleus.
>>
>>9056920
I thought programming DNA has already been done?
>>
>>9056931
On a basic level. We cant decipher what trnacriptions and proteins suppressed lead to what effects.
>>
>>9055141
>because previous things related to genetic modification werent as big as the hype made them seem(while still being fucking incredible mind you), CAS9 must be worthless

Thats some shit teir reasoning friend. If someone were to invent a functioning FTL drive tomorrow you would say "The meme drive was bullshit so this must be too".
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.