[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you swam to an inverted surface, would you fall out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.jpg (54KB, 1030x647px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
54KB, 1030x647px
If you swam to an inverted surface, would you fall out?
>>
The surface tension wouldn't be enough to keep that much water up. It would all just fall out
>>
>>9053059
assuming the water magically stayed up there and you exhaled then you would fall out.
>>
>>9053067
It's not really about surface tension.
>>
It actually all depends on the seal and if it can hold atmospheric pressure so no air rushes in.
>>
>>9053101
Try doing it with a glass cup in your sink and tell me how it works out for you. Lifting water with a seal like that doesn't work for anything larger diameter than an inch
>>
>>9053059
Assuming the situation you presented is possible, there's really no reason why you should fall out. if the water isn't moving and you can keep yourself floating in the same space, gravity wouldn't magically pull you out of it unless you were to exit the water itself because then bouyancy wouldn't be holding you in it as well or any longer
The only problem with the scenario is actually making the water behave like that in the first place
>>
>>9053072
>>9053106
>>9053638

Why wouldn't it work like with a straw? Suck Water and then close it off, simple. it stays floating - you stay floating, and you can be like a fish
>>
>>9053666
same reason if you did it with a very long straw, it wouldnt work i suspect. The weight of the water becomes too great for the material holding it, which causes it to fail, introducing a pressure leak.

just my guess though.
>>
>>9053101
I've seen it done with a 5mL erlenmeyer flask, but the mouth was maybe 4 mm in diameter.
>>
>>9053670
an ideal machine has no pressure leaks. thats like saying that you might be able to hear the goats behind the walls in monty python problem
>>
>>9053092
you're right, it's just retarded in general.
>>
>>9053059
As you moved more of your body into the air you would have less bouyancy causing you to "sink" into the air.

So yes you would fall out.
>>
>>9053666
surface area
>>
>>9053666
The same reason you can't build your house out of wiggly gelatin desert. It will just collapse on itself.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.