[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heart Issues?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 2015_11_zizek_books.jpg (108KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
2015_11_zizek_books.jpg
108KB, 1280x800px
/sci/

Is it normal that my resting heartbeat is 102? I feel light headed and my heart feels like it is beating quite hard. I am not overweight.
>>
Same here. Went to ER one day after fainting from rapid heart beats and low BP. Turns out there's nothing wrong with me physiologically and it was panic attacks.

Panic/anxiety whatever you want to call it has a tendency to raise your heart rate through the roof even if you're just sitting down twirling your thumbs.

However, if you don't feel anxious and would not consider yourself stressed, you should see your Doctor ASAP. Hope this helps somewhat
>>
File: 1494818784515.jpg (26KB, 324x290px) Image search: [Google]
1494818784515.jpg
26KB, 324x290px
>>9052403

Thanks, I do feel a bit anxious and stress but I don't understand why. I want to take my meds to get to work (modafinil) but I am worried it'll make my BPM even worse...
>>
File: 5675474578.jpg (340KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
5675474578.jpg
340KB, 1280x1280px
>>9052409
Well my BPM is over 100 right now as well and I am on Diazepam.

If there's one thing I learned from all this, it is that the heart is quite resilient and as long as your adrenal gland isn't activated (eg begin to panic over your health or some such) you should be able to make it through the day.

Have you ever had a panic attack before actually? It sounds like anxiety might be causing this. Especially considering palpitations.
>>
>>9052416

>Have you ever had a panic attack before actually?

Yes, a couple bad ones. Kinda feels like I am always having low level anxiety running in the background, desu
>>
File: 1500566570387.jpg (88KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500566570387.jpg
88KB, 900x600px
>>9052421
Yup, I know exactly what you mean. Even without having a full blown attack, the 'symptoms' linger throughout the day. Light head, palpitations, sweating, shaking, nausea, feeling like you're going crazy etc.

Check out David Daish 'Learning how to function with anxiety.' On youtube. He died a year ago unfortunately but his videos are packed to the brim with great information for dealing with all the baggage that comes with panic attacks. Good luck anon
>>
>>9052433

Thanks, Anon. I check the videos. Good luck to you too.
>>
>>9052396
you should have your blood o2 measured.
>>
Age/gender?
>>
>>9052453
this.
>>
>>9052771

21, male.

>>9052453
>>9052795

I'll ask my doctor. Yesterday I went for a jog and had to stop half way my usual track but I couldn't keep up, my heart was beating really fast. I noticed that my heart takes a long time to comeback down from exercise too.
>>
>>9053113
It's good to go to the doctor, but don't start off with "well some anonymous people on an anime forum said you should check my blood o2..."

just tell the doctor the symptoms and see what he recommends
>>
>>9053127

Alright, I won't mention this place.
>>
For how long have you noticed an elevated heart rate? What was is before (if applicable)? Have you taken any drugs (both recreational and medical)?
>>
>>9053189

It started six months ago, when I began taking testosterone injections, but slowly disappeared. It seems to have recently just began again.
>>
>>9052396
Also I think the normal range is 60 to 100 so 102 isn't necessarily something to freak out about.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.